With 5 simple ingredients and 10 minutes this kid friendly and easy to make treat could be yours! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats are vegan and gluten-free without sacrificing an ounce of decadence.
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats are truly a match made in flavor heaven! They are not only easy to make but also so kid and picky eater friendly!
I myself have always been a true Rice Crispy Treat fan. I remember making them as a kid from scratch. They are so much better than those boxed versions.
Now these don’t taste quite like my childhood memories but the peanut butter chocolate twist is a fun way to enjoy this tasty classic.
- Crispy Rice Cereal – If you want to keep these vegan the traditional Rice Crispy brand is not. I used Nature’s Path and they work well.
- Peanut Butter – Use the unsweetened and unsalted kind, the ingredients should only say peanuts. Just make sure to give it a good stir before use.
- Maple Syrup – Pure maple syrup, not the breakfast kind.
- Vanilla – Splurge on a good vanilla it should smell like heaven not alcohol.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – There are a few brands you could go with I used Enjoy Life.
Want More Vegan Peanut Butter Desserts?
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips melted
- In a large bowl add your peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla and stir together until well incorporated.
- Add your rice crispy cereal and stir until evenly coated in your peanut butter mixture.
- Grease or line a 9X9 pan with parchment paper.
- Now press your mixture into your pan really well. You will want to use either a spatula or your hands to really press the mixture into your pan.
- Now melt your chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between intervals until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of your cereal mixture and spread with a knife or offset spatula evenly.
- Place into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. Once set remove from your pan and cut into 9 equal squares.