Toasted Coconut adds an additional depth of flavor to any dish. These simple How to Toast Coconut methods are not only easy but only take 10 minutes tops!
Ever wonder How To Toast Coconut? It’s is actually pretty simple and there are two methods you could use. Stovetop or Oven. Both work great and are so simple anyone can do it!
I love toasted coconut. It adds this extra depth of flavor that is absolutely delicious! My favorite ways to enjoy this special treat is in smoothies, oatmeal, baked goods or even a nut butter slathered piece of toast. Yummm!
Benefits Of Coconut:
Coconut is an awesome ingredient to use and has many healthy benefits. They are very high in magnesium which promotes healthy bones and also helps to metabolism carbohydrates.
Coconut is also rich in iron which is something I tend to need being anemic. They are also rich in antioxidants. Hello beautiful skin, hair and nails!
How To Store:
Toasted Coconut can be stored in an airtight container in the pantry for up to a month.
This is perfect to keep on hand for all the yummy things you’ll want to top it with!
Recipes To Use Your Toasted Coconut With:
How To Toast Coconut
- 2 cups coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread coconut out into one single layer on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Stir every 2 minutes to ensure all your coconut turns golden brown and does not burn. Make sure to keep an eye on your coconut as it turns from white to golden brown fairly quick.
- Remove from the pan immediately to cool.
Stove Top Method
- Place a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add coconut and stir every minute or so to ensure all of your coconut turns golden brown and does not burn.
- Make sure to keep a close eye on your coconut as it can burn quickly.
- Make sure to stir coconut in both methods you want it brown but not burnt.
- Any kind of coconut works for toasting. I like shredded or flakes.
- If you use sweetened coconut this will speed up the cooking process so make sure to keep a close eye on it with both methods.