This easy, homemade Pina Colada Smoothie is ultra creamy and delicious. A healthier take on the traditional poolside classic. Made with 4 simple ingredients in 5 minutes, you will love this easy recipe!
I have always loved the flavors of a Pina Colada. It has such a tropical feel. This Pina Colada Smoothie has all the feels and flavor of the classic with a healthier twist.
Growing up I got to order a virgin Pina Colada on very very special occasions from a local Mexican restaurant we would go to. It was definitely the highlight of my dinner.
My first drink of legal age was even a Pina Colada! Now I no longer drink mainly because I would rather eat dessert 🙂 but I still want that classic flavor from time to time.
This awesome smoothie gives me a healthier option that isn’t packed with sugar and unhealthy ingredients. Make this and take it poolside you will be transported to a tropical paradise of smoothie heaven!
- Frozen Bananas – I peel, break in half and freeze bananas in a freezer safe bag. I always have them on hand for smoothies.
- Spinach – You better believe I had to add some greens to this. I used baby spinach but regular fresh will work as well.
- Pineapple – Fresh is key!
- Coconut Milk – I wouldn’t recommend using another plant milk, if you want a Pina Colada flavor you need coconut.
Other Beverage Recipes:
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 3 frozen bananas (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- Place bananas, pineapple, spinach and coconut milk into the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with fresh pineapple and coconut.
- When I go grocery shopping I always buy bananas and freeze them once they are too ripe to enjoy. Make sure you take the peel off and simply break them in pieces before placing them into a reusable freezer bag or ziplock bag.
- You could easily spike this smoothie if you are looking for a more traditional poolside pina colada.