These easy to make Almond Energy Balls are not only vegan and gluten-free but packed with nutrients. The perfect healthy snack, the whole family is sure to enjoy!
These 8-ingredient Almond Energy Balls are gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar free, oil-free and the perfect healthy snack!
Made with wholesome ingredients like almonds, rolled oats, flax meal and chia seeds they will give you a burst of energy. Perfect for that afternoon slump.
I love making energy balls they are perfect for when hunger strikes and you need something filling right then and there. I generally make a big batch of these and freeze them. They only take a little while to thaw out when I’m in need of a snack.
These are also perfect for kiddos, you can get them involved in the rolling process as well. They will love this fun activity!
- Almonds – I recommend using raw unsalted almonds for this recipe.
- Oats – Just good Old Fashioned Rolled Oats will do.
- Flax Meal – Flax Meal is just ground up flax seeds. I prefer Golden Flax Seeds.
- Chia Seeds – These can be found in most stores. If you are shopping at a regular box chain type store it will likely be in the “health food” section.
- Dates – Unpitted are cheaper so I usually buy those and just take the pits out myself. It is very easy to do so.
- Almond butter – Any brand will work just go with an unsweetened and unsalted variety if you can.
- Coconut Butter – This adds a great flavor and creaminess. If you don’t have any on hand you could just substitute this with more almond butter.
- Almond Milk – Any plant milk will work this helps to form the balls together.
Other Recipes You May Like:
Almond Energy Balls (Vegan & Healthy)
- ¼ cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp. flax meal
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup soft pitted dates
- ¾ cup raw unsalted almond butter
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Place your almonds into the food processor. Pulse until almonds are chopped into small pieces, about 1 minute.
- Add your rolled oats and process for 20 seconds until the oats have become almost flour like but still have a bit of texture.
- Place your chia seeds, flax meal, almond butter, coconut butter and dates into the food processor.
- Process until everything is combined and a crumbly dough starts to form.
- Add your almond milk and process until a cookie like dough is formed.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon and roll in the palm of your hand to form a smooth ball. Repeat until you have used all of your dough.
- Store your energy balls in an airtight container. I generally freeze mine to keep them fresh. Take them on the go and they will be ready to eat in less than 10 minutes!
- Coconut butter tends to harden and soften depending on the temperature. You want a soft coconut butter for this recipe. If yours is hardened I recommend either running the jar under warm water or microwaving for a few seconds at a time until soft. You don't want it completely melted it should look like softened butter.
- If your dates are hard place in a small bowl and cover them with hot water. Allow to set for 10 minutes to soften your dates. Drain the water after the dates have soaked for 10 minutes.