Creamy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is packed with flavor, vegan and so simple to make. It requires only 7-ingredients and 10 minutes of your time!
I love a big bowl of oats in the morning. It’s filling and such a warm and cozy meal. Creamy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is definitely one of my favorite combinations of flavors.
These oats remind me of those little packet of oats that I would sometimes get at a friends house. Although these are much healthier for you. Growing up I always loved when I would get to have flavored oat as they weren’t something my mom would buy from the store.
It’s probably a funny thing to want to have for most kids but for me I was always excited for the apple cinnamon flavor or strawberries and cream. Maybe strawberries and cream will be my next recipe creation!
The best part about these oats is they require minimal ingredients and time while still providing such a nutritious breakfast. After tasting these you will always go for homemade oats versus the packaged stuff!
- Oats – I use Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
- Water – I generally cook my oats with water but you could also use any plant milk if you prefer.
- Apple – I like Gala or Pink Lady.
- Raisins – I used just regular raisins however golden would be a nice touch.
- Walnuts – If you do not have walnuts something like pecans or even almonds would work as well.
- Cinnamon – I always put at least a dash of cinnamon in my oats. It adds such a great flavor.
- Maple Syrup – The pure stuff not the breakfast kind.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- ½ large apple shredded
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- In a small pot add water, oats, apples, raisin, walnuts, cinnamon and maple syrup and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook oats for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until soft and creamy.
- You can replace water with almond milk if preferred. Or stir in a little bit at the end for an even creamier oatmeal.
- The maple syrup is optional as the apple brings sweetness however the flavor ties in really well and is delicious!