Creamy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is packed with flavor, vegan and so simple to make. It requires only 7-ingredients and 10 minutes of your time!
I love a big bowl of oats in the morning. It’s filling and such a warm and cozy meal. Creamy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is definitely one of my favorite combinations of flavors.
These oats are creamy, slightly sweet, packed with warm cinnamon flavor and so delicious. The best part, they require minimal ingredients and time while still providing such a nutritious breakfast.
After tasting these you will always go for homemade oats versus the packaged stuff!
- Oats – I use Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
- Water – I generally cook my oats with water but you could also use any plant milk if you prefer.
- Apple – I like Gala or Pink Lady but whatever you have on hand will work.
- Raisins – I used just regular raisins however golden would be a nice touch.
- Walnuts – If you do not have walnuts something like pecans or even almonds would work as well.
- Cinnamon – I always put at least a dash of cinnamon in my oats. It adds such a great flavor.
- Maple Syrup – The pure stuff not the breakfast kind.
How To Make:
In a small pot add all of your ingredients: water, oats, shredded apple, raisin, walnuts, cinnamon and maple syrup.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Simmer oats for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until soft and creamy.
Serve topped with sliced apple, chopped walnuts and an extra drizzle of maple syrup for the ultimate oatmeal experience.
- Dried Fruit – If you are not a fan of raisins you could really use any dried fruit in place of them. Dates would be great. Just dice them up before adding them to the pot.
- Nuts – I use walnuts in this recipe but pecans, almonds or even macadamia nuts would work well.
- Sweetener – Maple Syrup is something I always have on hand but agave or coconut sugar would be good replacements. Brown Sugar would be the ultimate add in, a little less healthy but delicious nonetheless!
Can I Make A Larger Batch?
Absolutely! This recipe serves one however you can double, triple or even quadruple the recipe with no issues.
It would be excellent to make in a large pot for a hearty family breakfast. It will also make the house smell amazing! Win win.
I prefer to make oatmeal with water however, you can substitute the water in this recipe with any vegan milk. It will lend a bit more creaminess to your oats as well. If you decide to make this using plant milk I would recommend using an unsweetened variety.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ large apple shredded
- 3 tbsp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- In a small pot add water, oats, shredded apple, raisin, walnuts, cinnamon and maple syrup and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer oats for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until soft and creamy.
- You can replace water with almond milk if preferred. Or stir in a little bit at the end for an even creamier oatmeal.