These homemade Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips are a healthy alternative to the traditional chip. They are fun to make, crunchy, cheesy and delicious!
A crunchy chip with a little nutrition? That’s right, these Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips are crunchy, cheesy and satisfying. The perfect chip alternative for when a craving hits.
Kale is all the rage these days and kale chips seem to be a close second. Well I don’t know about you but I do not want to pay $5 for the smallest bag of kale chips you’ve ever seen. Homemade is the way to go!
This is a great snack for on the go and for kiddos as well. A sneaky way to get those greens in with a satisfyingly chip like crunch!
- Kale – I think curly kale works best for this recipe.
- Olive Oil – any neutral tasting oil will work Olive Oil tends to be my go to oil of choice.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese – I make a homemade version that you can find here. It is super quick and easy to make.
- Salt – I like to use Sea Salt.
Other Snack Recipes You Might Like:
Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips
- 1 large bunch of curly kale
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. vegan parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry kale. Kale needs to be completely dry before baking.
- Remove the stems from your kale and tear it into chip size pieces.
- In a large bowl add your kale and pour in olive oil.
- Massage into the kale until completely coated.
- Add your vegan parmesan and toss until kale is covered in cheese.
- Spread evenly onto two large sheet pans. The kale needs to be completely spread out, do not place the kale on top of each other.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then rotate pan.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until kale is crispy but not burnt. Kale burns easily so make sure to keep an eye on it.
- Right when it comes out of the oven season with a little salt and more vegan parmesan if you wish.
- Allow the kale to cool for at least 5 minutes before digging in. This lets the kale crisp up even more. Don't skip this step!
- Make sure to allow the chips to cool as they will crisp up during the cooling process.