8-ingredient, Cilantro Lime Cauliflower rice is a healthy rice recipe that comes together in just 20 minutes. It is the perfect gluten-free and vegan side dish for Taco Tuesday!
This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is such a simple and tasty side dish. It’s perfect for those who are looking to stay low carb and gluten-free. Serve it up with your favorite taco or Mexican Inspire dish!
Cauliflower seems to be all the rage these days. It’s such a versatile ingredient. It can even become pizza crust!
This recipe reminds me of the rice they serve at Chipotle. It has that kick of Cilantro and Lime flavor and really spices up any dish.
You will only need 8 ingredients and 20 minutes for this one so get cooking!
- Cauliflower – I try to find a larger head of cauliflower for this recipe. It’s great for leftovers!
- Yellow Onion– White onion would work as well I prefer the taste of yellow.
- Garlic – Use fresh and mince it up fine or use a garlic press.
- Lime – This is a key ingredient! You will need the zest and juice of an entire large lime.
- Cilantro – Another key ingredient, don’t skip it!
- Olive Oil – If you want to make this oil free you could use vegetable stock instead.
- Salt & Pepper – I like to use sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Entrees To Go With Your Rice:
- Shredded Jackfruit Tacos
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Baked Taquitos (Flautas)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 large head cauliflower
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Large handful fresh cilantro chopped (about 1/2 a cup)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (or vegetable stock for oil free)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Dice your onion, mince your garlic, chop your cilantro, zest your lime and set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower florets from the stems and place them into a food processor. Pulse until your cauliflower becomes a fine rice like texture.
- Into a large skillet over medium heat add your olive oil. Once hot add garlic and onion to the skillet and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, zest, lime juice, salt and pepper to the skillet and incorporate everything together.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the cauliflower has softened.
- Make sure not to over pulse your cauliflower as it can turn into more of a paste like texture versus rice if you allow it to process for too long.
- If you do not have a food processor your could mince the cauliflower very fine to achieve a rice like texture.