Creamy Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta comes together in just 20 minutes with 10-ingredients. This nourishing dish is not only easy to make but packed with flavor, it is sure to be a hit with the entire family!
I have always been a huge fan of pesto. This Creamy Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta hits all the craving must haves. It’s got that perfect blend of creamy, cheesy and herbaceous flavor.
See the thing is most people love pasta and just because you go vegan doesn’t mean you stop craving the foods you used to eat. That is one reason I love to veganize classics. I love to show people that you can still eat amazing food without animal based products.
For me food is a comfort and a joy. When I am feeling stressed or sad an hour is the kitchen is therapy. The real icing on the cake is devouring my tasty creation.
This recipe is perfect for those vegan skeptics. It hits all the comfort food boxes and I can tell you my family gobbles this up!
- Spaghetti – Really any noodle will work. Whatever you prefer or have on hand.
- Garlic – Make sure to use a large garlic clove if it is not large use two. Use fresh and mince it fine or use a garlic press.
- Basil – Make sure to use fresh basil and really pack it into your measuring cup.
- Spinach – I use baby spinach but regular fresh spinach will work as well.
- Pine Nuts – I have also used walnuts when I didn’t have pine nuts on hand and it turned out great. However, Pine Nuts definitely give it that classic pesto taste.
- Nutritional Yeast – You can find this in most grocery stores these days. It has a cheesy savory flavor.
- Salt – I use a Sea Salt.
- Olive Oil – I think Olive Oil has the best flavor for this recipe.
- Lemon – This adds a brightness to your pesto, use fresh lemon juice.
- Plant Milk – I use almond but any unflavored unsweetened plant milk will work. If you have a vegan heavy cream that would be an even better option.
Other Recipes You May Like:
- Roasted Tomato Basil Pasta
- Mushroom Marsala with Orzo and Spinach
- Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- White Bean and Mushroom Vegan Meatball Subs
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Creamy Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1 large clove of garlic minced (or 2 small cloves)
- 1 cup basil packed
- 1 cup baby spinach packed
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (more to taste if needed)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
- ¼ cup plant milk unsweetened (I used almond milk)
- Put a large pot of water on the stovetop on high and bring to a boil. Once your water is boiling add your noddles and boil until al dente.
- While waiting for your water to boil make your pesto.
- Mince your garlic and add to a food processor with your pine nuts, basil, spinach, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and sea salt.
- Turn on your food processor and slowly drizzle in the olive oil while it is running. Process until smooth and creamy scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Place your pesto into a large skillet. You will want to make sure you get every drop out of the food processor. Add your plant milk of choice and stir over low heat until warm.
- As soon as your noodles are done. Drain out the water and add to the warm pesto sauce. Stir until all of the noodles are coated in your sauce.
- I specify large garlic cloves in this recipe as I have noticed a difference in flavor when using smaller cloves. If you only have small cloves you will likely need to use two.