This tofu scramble is easy to make, gluten-free, packed with protein, and requires just 8 ingredients. The perfect savory plant-based vegan breakfast.
Breakfast in 10 minutes tops? I’m here for it. This Easy Tofu Scramble is my weekend go to breakfast. It’s savory, satisfying and the easiest vegan replacement for scrambled eggs.
Growing up I was somewhat of scrambled egg fan but usually I went more for the carby breakfast choices. I did however love to make them. Every Sunday morning I would help my dad make a huge breakfast spread. It was one of the highlights of my week.
At first I was only in charge of toast. As I got older my dad let me help out a bit more. I started taking over things like pancakes and scrambled eggs.
These Sunday morning cooking sessions were honestly where my love of the kitchen started!
Now I may no longer eat egg but that doesn’t mean I can’t keep the weekend breakfast tradition alive! I usually go for my tofu scramble with toast and avocado or burrito style these days.
I can tell you I wouldn’t mind it along side a big spread of carby breakfast items!
- Tofu – I like to use firm or extra firm tofu for this recipe. No need to press your tofu the water will cook out while on the stovetop.
- Olive Oil – You do need a bit of oil to prevent sticking to the pan. I generally use olive oil but any neutral tasting oil will work.
- Turmeric – This is key to the yellow egg like color.
- Onion Powder & Garlic Powder – These add flavor don’t skip them!
- Nutritional Yeast – You can find this at most stores now it adds a slightly cheesy and nutty flavor. It is tasty and a staple in most vegans pantries!
- Salt & Pepper – I like freshly cracked pepper and Sea Salt but use what you have on hand.
Recipes To Go With Your Easy Tofu Scramble:
Easy Tofu Scramble
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ⅛ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- In a large skillet, drizzle your olive oil and swirl it around your pan. Let your oil heat up over medium high heat.
- While your oil is heating, break up your tofu with a fork or with your hands.
- Once the oil is hot add the tofu to the skillet.
- Season evenly with turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Stir until spices are combined and your tofu is heated all the way through. About 3-5 minutes.
- The possibilities are truly endless with a tofu scramble. My favorite way to enjoy this tasty dish is burrito style. I fill my tortilla with tofu scramble, potatoes, sautéed veggies, avocado and salsa. This makes for an oh so tasty, easy and quick breakfast burrito.