This Easy Vegan Pizza Dough is simple to make with only 6 ingredients. You'll be eating delicious homemade pizza every week with this restaurant style quality recipe!
I absolutely love making homemade pizza and this Easy Vegan Pizza Dough is my go to recipe. It only requires 6 ingredients to make and gets that perfect crispy texture we all know and love!
I don’t know about you but I will take pizza any day of the week. With all the different kinds of topping and I do not discriminate.
I think most people are intimidated to make something like homemade pizza dough. The thing is it’s actually a lot easier than you think and a very family friendly activity. Pizza night is the perfect activity to get those kiddos involved.
It’s also a whole lot cheaper to make homemade pizza so that is most definitely a win in my book!
How To Make Homemade Pizza Dough
First things first you will want to place the flour, yeast, salt and sugar into the standing mixer with a dough hook. Mix on low speed just to incorporate together.
You will then slowly drizzle in your water and olive oil until the dough forms together as pictured below.
Now form your dough into a round ball and place into a bowl greased with olive oil. Make sure the dough is also well greased.
Cover it with a towel and leave it in a warm place to rise. I usually put mine on the stovetop. It should double in size within an hour.
Once your dough has doubled in size divide it into two equal pieces. Then flour a clean surface well and roll it out with a rolling pin.
I generally roll my dough fairly thin about 1/4 inch in thickness. How thin you roll it will depend on if you want a thicker or thinner crust.
Easy Vegan Pizza Dough
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 oz. envelope active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt into standing mixer with dough hook and combine.
- While mixer is running slowly add warm water and olive oil.
- Mix until the dough forms into a ball.
- With your hands form the dough into a smooth round ball.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil and add dough.
- Cover and place in a warm dry place to rise for about an hour.
- You'll want to see the dough double in size.
- Place dough onto lightly floured surface and cut into two equal parts.
- To make pizza take dough and stretch out into desired shape and size.
- Top dough with desired toppings.
- Place pizza onto a baking sheet or pizza stone into a 500 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until dough is crispy and golden.
- To warm the water I placed room temperature water in the microwave for one minute. You do not want boiling water you want the water to be about 110 degrees F.
- If the dough does not double in size then your yeast could be "dead". Check the expiration date if this happens as your yeast could be expired.
- You can also kneed the dough by hand if you do not have a standing mixer. You will want to knead it for 5-10 minutes until the dough forms a ball and holds together well.