This Easy Vegan Pizza Dough is simple to make with only 6 ingredients. You’ll be eating delicious homemade pizza every week with this restaurant style quality recipe!
I absolutely love making homemade pizza and this Easy Vegan Pizza Dough is my go to recipe. It only requires 6 ingredients to make and gets that perfect crispy texture we all know and love!
I think most people are intimidated to make something like homemade pizza dough. The thing is it’s actually a lot easier than you think and a very family friendly activity.
Pizza night is the perfect activity to get those kiddos involved. It’s also a whole lot cheaper to make homemade pizza, so that is most definitely a win in my book.
This dough gets crispy, fluffy and perfectly golden brown. Perfection!
- Flour – All-purpose flour or bread flour works best.
- Yeast – I use instant yeast for this recipe as it can be mixed with the dry ingredients and doesn’t need to “proof”.
- Sugar – This helps to feed the yeast you could use a substitute if needed. Such as agave.
- Salt – I like to use a fine sea salt for all of my recipes.
- Olive Oil – I prefer the flavor of extra virgin olive oil.
- Water – You will want to use warm water about 110 degrees.
How To Make:
First things first you will want to place the flour, yeast, salt and sugar into the standing mixer with a dough hook. Mix on low speed just to incorporate together.
You will then slowly drizzle in your water and olive oil until the dough forms together. Knead for about 8-10 minutes until the dough bounces back when touched.
Now form your dough into a round ball and place into a bowl greased with olive oil. Make sure the dough is also well greased.
Cover it with a towel and leave it in a warm place to rise. I usually put mine on the stovetop. It should double in size within an hour.
Once your dough has doubled in size divide it into two equal pieces. Then flour a clean surface well and roll it out with a rolling pin.
I generally roll my dough fairly thin about 1/4 inch in thickness. How thin you roll it will depend on if you want a thicker or thinner crust.
Once your dough is rolled you are ready to place it on a sheet pan add your sauce, topping and cheese and get cooking! Bake at 500 for 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
Tips For Sucess:
- Knead your dough enough. If you do not knead your dough enough it will be sticky and hard to handle. It will easily tear and won’t hold it’s shape well.
- Allow the dough to rise. It can be tempting to just get to baking your pizza however, allowing the dough to rise is a crucial step. You will want it to double in size. Not allowing your dough to rise could lead to a very dense pizza.
- Use a rolling pin. A rolling pin will make the dough rolling process much easier. If you do not have one on hand your could also use a roll of plastic wrap. I can tell you from personal experience however, the rolling pin is the much easier option!
Can I Make The Dough Without a Mixer?
Absolutely! You can definitely make pizza dough by hand. Simply add the ingredients as listed into a bowl and mix together.
Then you will knead the dough by hand. Onto a floured surface knead your dough for about 10-12 minutes until a smooth ball forms and it springs back when touched.
Cheese Recipes For Your Pizza:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Easy Vegan Pizza Dough
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 oz. instant yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt into standing mixer with dough hook and combine.
- While mixer is running slowly add warm water and olive oil.
- Mix until the dough forms into a ball.
- With your hands form the dough into a smooth round ball.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil and add dough.
- Cover and place in a warm dry place to rise for about an hour.
- You'll want to see the dough double in size.
- Place dough onto lightly floured surface and cut into two equal parts.
- To make pizza take dough and stretch out into desired shape and size.
- Top dough with desired toppings.
- Place pizza onto a baking sheet or pizza stone into a 500 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until dough is crispy and golden.
- To warm the water I placed room temperature water in the microwave for one minute. You do not want boiling water you want the water to be about 110 degrees F.
- If the dough does not double in size then your yeast could be "dead". Check the expiration date if this happens as your yeast could be expired.
- You can also kneed the dough by hand if you do not have a standing mixer. You will want to knead it for 10-12 minutes until the dough forms a ball and holds together well.