This Healthy Berry Smoothie is made with just 5 ingredients in 5 minutes! It's the perfect smoothie recipe to sneak the kiddos some greens without them even knowing!
This Healthy Berry Smoothie is super kid friendly and packed with nutrients. It’s the perfect afternoon snack for you or those kiddos. It thick, creamy, filling and delicious. It also happens to be picky eater approved!
Growing up I was a huge fan of Jamba Juice. I can tell you that I was given Jamba Juice gift cards for every birthday and every Christmas. It was known that I was a fan and it was everyone’s go to gift for me.
I always struggled with deciding between two of their classic flavors Strawberries Wild and Peanut Butter Mood (sans the chocolate). The thing that I think people love most about a Jamba Juice Smoothie is the texture. They are ultra thick and creamy.
Healthy though? Well their classic smoothies contain frozen yogurt which is basically ice cream. So they are more like a milk shake. No wonder I loved them so much! Don’t get me wrong they have some healthier options these days and I still go from time to time.
When making smoothies at home you can achieve this texture with two things frozen fruit and a creamy base. You’ll find that all of my smoothie recipes contain some sort of frozen fruit.
If you want a thick and creamy smoothie this is what you should start with!
- Frozen Banana – Freeze rip spotty bananas for smoothies as they have the most flavor. Make sure to peel them first and place them in a freezer safe bag.
- Frozen Mixed Berries – I use a Costco Blend it contains frozen raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- Spinach – I use fresh baby spinach.
- Kale – I use fresh Lacinato Kale and wash and cut it before use. Any kale will work.
- Coconut Water – Make sure to get an unsweetened coconut water as some do contain sugars.
Other Smoothie Recipes:
Healthy Berry Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (about 1 cup)
- 1 ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 1 ½ cup 100% coconut water
- Place frozen banana and frozen mixed berries into the blender first.
- Add spinach, kale and coconut water.
- Blend until smooth.
- I use an organic frozen berry blend from Costco for this recipe. It has blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries.
- I freeze batches of ripe bananas for smoothies. Peel Banana, break in half and freeze in reusable freezer bag or ziplock bag.