This healthy Spinach Berry Smoothie is made with just 5 ingredients in 5 minutes! It’s the perfect smoothie recipe to sneak the kiddos some greens without them even knowing!
This healthy Spinach Berry Smoothie is super kid friendly and packed with nutrients. It’s the perfect afternoon snack for you and those kiddos. It thick, creamy, filling and delicious. It not only happens to be picky eater approved but comes with a secret hidden green that packs a punch of nutrition.
The best part it is made with 5 ingredients in 5 minutes!
- Frozen Banana – Freeze rip spotty bananas for smoothies as they have the most flavor. Make sure to peel them first and place them in a freezer safe bag.
- Frozen Mixed Berries – I use a Costco Blend it contains frozen strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- Spinach – I use fresh baby spinach.
- Kale – I use fresh baby kale or lacinato (aka dinosaur kale).
- Coconut Water – Make sure to get an unsweetened coconut water as some do contain sugars.
How To Make:
Place frozen banana and frozen mixed berries into the blender first. Add spinach, kale and coconut water.
Blend until smooth and creamy. If you do not have a powerful blender you may need to add a splash or two more of coconut water to get things moving.
Serve in a glass with a funky straw for the best smoothie experience.
Tips For Sucess:
- Use frozen fruit. The recipe calls for frozen fruit as this will help make a thick and creamy smoothie. Fresh fruit will not yield the same results.
- Ripe spotty bananas work best. When freezing your bananas you want to do so when they are very ripe. This will help to add sweetness to your smoothie.
- Use a powerful blender if possible. I have a Vitamix and this blends up super quick and easy. If you do not have a strong blender be patient and add more liquid as needed.
Yes, incredibly so. Berries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. Smoothies that stick with whole foods ingredients are very healthy and nutritious. Making a smoothie at home is a more healthful option than buying a pre-made smoothie on the shelf. When in doubt stick with whole food plant based ingredients for a mighty kick of delicious nutrition!
Other Smoothie Recipes:
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Toasted Coconut Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Spinach Berry Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (about 1 cup)
- 1 ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup spinach (loosely packed)
- 1 cup kale (loosely packed)
- 1 ½ cup 100% coconut water
- Place frozen banana and frozen mixed berries into the blender first.
- Add spinach, kale and coconut water.
- Blend until smooth.
- I use an organic frozen berry blend from Costco for this recipe. It has blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
- I freeze batches of ripe bananas for smoothies. Peel Banana, break in half and freeze in reusable freezer bag or ziplock bag.