This Healthy Quinoa Granola is not only vegan and gluten-free, but delightfully crunchy, slightly sweet and jam packed with nutrients!
Healthy Quinoa Granola is a fun take on traditional granola. It is not only gluten-free but vegan and refined sugar free. This granola is crunchy, sweet and had the perfect cinnamon and maple flavor.
I am a granola lover. It is the perfect topping for things like smoothie and acai bowls as well as chia pudding. It also is tasty as a bowl of cereal with a sliced banana and plant milk.
Granola also happens to be the perfect snack and is very family friend. The kids are going to love this recipe! It would also be a great activity to get them involved with in the kitchen.
Little will they know they are actually making something healthy and nutritious for them! This granola recipe is packed with healthy nuts, seeds and oats. The addition of quinoa adds even more nutrition as it is high in protein, fiber and amino acids.
The best part, it is so simple to make. You won’t be buying store bought granola again after making this recipe!
- Oats – I used old fashioned rolled oats.
- Coconut – Shedded and unsweetened works best.
- Quinoa – I used white quinoa for this recipe.
- Almond & Walnuts – Generally I go with a raw nut which means they are unsalted and unsweetened.
- Sunflower Seeds – Shelled of course and raw unsalted if you can find them.
- Flax Seed – I generally buy Golden Flax Seeds.
- Cinnamon – All granola needs a bit of cinnamon, it’s essential.
- Coconut Oil – You can used whatever you have on hand. Just keep in mind unrefined will have a coconut flavor while refined has a more neutral taste.
- Maple Syrup – The pure kind not the breakfast kind.
- Vanilla – Use a good vanilla it makes all the difference in something like this!
Other Recipes You May Like:
Healthy Quinoa Granola (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup almonds chopped
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine oats, coconut, quinoa, almonds, walnut, sunflower seeds, flax seed and cinnamon to a medium sized bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Spread mixture onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown tossing about 2-3 times, about 35-40 minutes.
- Granola is a great way to sneak nutrient packed ingredients into your little ones diet! You can enjoy this granola plain, as a bowl of cereal or even add it to an acai bowl.
- If you like dried fruit in your granola feel free to add 1/2 cup of fruit after baking the granola.
- Store granola in an airtight container.