How To Cook Jasmine Rice. Perfect, yes I said Perfect, fluffy Jasmine Rice each and every time. This is a full-proof method that works to make the perfect pot of rice!
Have you ever wondered How To Cook Jasmine Rice? It’s actually a little easier than you think.With this method you don’t need a steamer, there is no need to rinse your rice and it will be done in 25 minutes. Gasp!
I grew up on minute rice and I can tell you its not my favorite. Sorry Mom. It’s slightly mushy and usually a little wet. I always thought the only way to make good rice was in a steamer, which most people don’t have time for on a busy weeknight.
Over the years, I experimented with making rice on the stove top and failed many times. Sometimes it would turn out but other times it was too wet or too gummy.
The thing about cooking rice from scratch that most people don’t realize is there is a water to rice ratio perception that is way off.
Most recipes online will tell you to do a 1:2 ratio of rice to water. This my friends is the main problem and will result in wet gummy rice. A 1:1.5 ratio is what you need to make fluffy delicious rice.
Jasmine Rice is honestly one million times better than any other type of rice. It’s even picky eater approved. My daughter consistency asks me for a big bowl of it!
If you have never had Jasmine Rice drop everything go to the store and make this right away. Pair it with a nice curry or veggie stir-fry and dinner is done.
Tips For Success:
- Use a Pot with a good fitting lid. You will want a lid that fits well. You shouldn’t have a ton of steam coming from the pot. Some is ok but less is more so to speak.
- Don’t Peak. Don’t open the lid and look at your rice this stops the steaming process each time you do so.
- Measure your water. I am guilty of eyeballing it and it makes a difference. You will yield better results if you measure your water with a measuring cup.
- Fluff your rice. Once your rice is done take a fork and fluff it up.
Recipe For Your Rice:
Looking for something to pair with your fluffy Jasmine Rice with? Try out the recipe below!
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
How To Cook Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cup water
- Place a medium sized pot on the stovetop. Add your rice and water give it a stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling immediately turn the heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Make sure you have a good fitting lid as you do not want too much steam to leak out.
- Set your timer for 15 minutes and allow the rice to simmer. After fifteen minutes remove from the heat and allow the rice to set for 10 additional minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE LID. The rice will continue to absorb the water over this timeframe.
- After the ten minutes, open and fluff with a fork.
- If for some reason your pot of rice ever turns out too wet place a single slice of bread on top of the rice and put the lid on. Wait five minutes and the bread will absorb some of the excess water from the rice. This is a life hack I recently learned from my husband.