Roasted Red Peppers are full of vibrant flavor and so simple to make at home. In 30 minutes or less you could be dishing these up on your favorite salad, sandwich or even enjoying them as a tasty snack!
Roasted Red Peppers are tender, smoky and bursting with flavor. They are a delicious addition to any salad, sandwich and make the perfect Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce.
The best part this simple How To Roast Red Peppers method takes just 30 minutes or less in the oven. You will never buy the jarred kind again!
How To Roast Red Peppers:
First things first preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a Silpat Mat for easy clean up. If you do not have either you can place them directly onto the pan.
Wash and dry your peppers and place them onto your pan.
Place them into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes. Turn your peppers every 5-7 minutes to ensure equal blistering on all sides.
You should use a pair of thongs to turn them as they will be hot.
You will know they are done when they are black and blistered on all sides as well as soft and slightly deflated.
Remove your pan from the oven and allow your peppers to cool. Once removed from the oven you can expect them to deflate completely.
Once cool enough to handle you can peel off the skins from the peppers. You only want the red flesh of the pepper.
They should be easy to peel off without issues as long as you roasted your peppers long enough.
Once the skins are off open your pepper and remove the seeds and the stem. You again only want the flesh of the pepper.
Now you can either store these whole as pictured or slice them into strips either way will work just fine.
How To Store:
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
- You can pour oil over your peppers and store them in the refrigerator for up to two weeks as well.
- Another option is to freeze them. Freeze in freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
How To Use My Peppers:
These are great in so many things from salad, to pizza, sandwiches, wraps or even as a snack. You could also use them to make a wonderful pasta dish.
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
How To Roast Red Peppers
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment or a Silpat Mat for easier clean up.
- Wash and pat dry your red bell peppers.
- Place your peppers onto the sheet pan a few inches apart.
- Place into the oven and allow to puff up and get blackened and blistered.
- Turn peppers with a pair of thongs about every 5-7 minutes to ensure each side gets blistered. You can take the pan out of the oven to do so or reach in with your thongs to turn the peppers if you feel comfortable with this.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- You will know your peppers are done when they are soft, all sides are blistered and they have slightly collapsed.
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool. They will completely collapse once removed from the oven.
- After cool enough to handle begin to remove the skins. You will simply peel and remove the skins leaving only the red flesh.
- Open your pepper and remove the seeds and stem.
- You can now slice your peppers and store them or leave them whole and store them whole.
- You will find that some methods for roasting peppers require you to place them in a bowl with a towel over them after roasting to peel the skins. I have never found this to be necessary and have never had any issues with the skins peeling off. If you are worried about this you can place your peppers in a bowl right after roasting and place a kitchen towel over them. Allow them to set for 10 minutes, then peel.