Kale Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette, light, refreshing and comes together in just 15 minutes! This healthy kale salad is paired with a homemade dressing that is easy to make and so tasty you'll keep wanting to come back for more.
This light and refreshing Kale Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is easy to make and takes just 15 minutes. I love making this salad for holiday parties as it holds up well even when dressed.
I am a big fan of kale. It’s a hearty leafy green that will keep you full and offers lots of nutrients. It’s a perfect summer salad for those hot days where you want a lighter meal.
Growing up I really only took my salad one way romaine, croutons, carrots, cucumbers, cheese and ranch. When I say ranch I mean LOT’S OF RANCH. Like, want some salad with that ranch? Type of deal.
Now days I love a big salad with lot’s of the healthy good stuff in it. I will take a huge salad any day and it is often my go to lunch. This recipe is great to prep ahead and even dress your salad.
Kale is a pretty tough green so I even like it better the next day!
- Kale – I used curly kale for this recipe but you could also use lacinato aka dinosaur if you would like.
- Brussel Sprouts – These add a great unique flavor to the salad.
- Cabbage – I use green and purple cabbage for this recipe.
- Broccoli Stems – This is the bottom part of the broccoli not the flower head that you would traditionally eat. The stem.
- Cranberries– I use dried but fresh would also be a nice touch.
- Pumpkin Seeds – You could also use sunflower or pepita seeds.
- Lemon– I use a large fresh lemon.
- Orange – I like the flavor of Cara Cara.
- Olive Oil – If you don’t have Olive Oil any other neutral oil will work however I think Olive Oil taste best.
- Maple Syrup – The pure kind not the breakfast kind. This is your sweetener you could also use something like agave.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Get the kind with the “Mother”.
- Onion Powder – This adds a nice balance to all the citrus.
- Salt – I use fine Sea Salt.
Other Recipes You May Like:
Kale Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 1 cup of brussel sprouts
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- ½ cup broccoli stems
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ orange juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- Cut all your veggies into thin strip like you would chiffonade fresh basil.
- Place into a large bowl and incorporate together.
- Add your cranberries and pumpkin seeds and mix.
- In a mason jar or small bowl mix your salad dressing ingredients together. Shake or whisk until completely combined.
- Pour your dressing over your greens and incorporate well.
- For the broccoli stems, you will want to cut off the outside of the stem and only use the smooth inside portion.