These Vegan Melty Potatoes are quite literally melt in your mouth good! This will be your new go to potato recipe. It's the perfect family friendly side dish that everyone is sure to love and devour!
Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside these Melty Potatoes are my all time favorite potato recipe. I do not say that lightly as I am a huge potato fan. I will really take them any way they come.
As a kid I would say my favorite potato form was french fries and those still have a very special place in my heart. I mean a good fry is pretty hard to beat. BUT these melty potatoes, oh man are they good. They also happen to be husband and picky eater approved!
They are perfect for a week night meal or even to bring to your next summer BBQ. Just make sure to bring enough and the recipe because you are sure to have some folks asking for it!
- Potatoes – Yukon Gold potatoes are the key to this recipe. They are such a creamy potato that they create the magic. Make sure to use this specific type of potato!
- Vegan Butter – I generally use Country Crock’s Plant Based Butter it works for everything even baking and is tasty. It’s also more affordable than most other vegan butter brands.
- Vegetable Broth – Any brand will do, I usually try to find a low sodium option.
- Spices – Don’t skip them! If you have fresh thyme that would be a wonderful substitute for ground.
- Garlic – Mince it up fine or use a garlic press.
Recipes To Go With Your Melty Potatoes:
- 5-6 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 tbsp. vegan melted butter
- ⅛ tsp. ground thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1¼ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice your potatoes into thick slices, I generally get about 4-5 slices depending on the size of my potatoes.
- Now melt your butter in a medium sized bowl in the microwave and add your thyme, salt and pepper and stir together.
- Add half of your potatoes and coat them in the butter mixture. Make sure they are lightly coated on all sides. Now place the potatoes on a sheet pan and repeat with your second batch of potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and roast for 15-17 minutes until golden brown on the side facing down.
- While your potatoes are roasting mince your garlic and add it to your vegetable broth.
- Once the potatoes have been roasting for 15-17 minutes and are slightly golden on one side take them out and flip each potato so the other side is facing down.
- Put them back into the oven and cook for another 15 minutes. Take them back out of the oven and flip them one more time.
- Pour your vegetable broth and garlic mixture onto the potatoes.
- Turn your oven down to 400 degrees and place them back into the oven for 15 more minutes. During this time the potatoes will soak up the broth and become melt in your mouth good.
- Make sure you lower the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees once you add the broth. If you don't do so you can expect a bit of smoke in your kitchen. I have done this on occasion. The potatoes will still turn out delicious but you may set your fire alarm off!
- Using Yukon Gold Potatoes is part of the magic for this recipe. They are already a very creamy potato and once they soak up the broth its like a crispy mashed potato in your mouth. I haven't tried this recipe with other potato varieties although I am sure they would still be tasty I highly recommend sticking with the Yukon Gold.