Enjoy this creamy Matcha Latte with Almond Milk at home. It’s not only easy to make but only requires 4 ingredients and 10 minutes!
I am not a coffee lover and never have been. Matcha is more my cup of tea, literally. I drink my Matcha Latte with Almond Milk every morning religiously. I used to drink them blended to get that frothy latte feel. However, my husband got me a milk frother a few years ago and I fell in love!
This recipe is easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients and about 10 minutes of your time. This vegan matcha latte is smooth, creamy, antioxidant rich, perfectly sweet and so so delicious.
I know you will love it just as much as I do!
- Matcha Powder – Matcha powder can be found in the tea section at most stores. It is green tea leaves ground into a powder. I generally buy a large bulk version on Amazon to get the most bang for my buck.
- Almond Milk – I use an unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk. If you only have unflavored almond milk that will work as well. You could add a dash of vanilla extract to the latte to get that vanilla flavor.
- Maple Syrup – Pure natural maple syrup works best. Any liquid sweetener you enjoy will work if you don’t have any on hand.
- Cinnamon – I measure cinnamon with my heart and think you should do the same, just a dash or two is plenty.
How To Make:
Into a large mug add your hot water. Next, dissolve your matcha into the water with a matcha whisk. If you do not have a matcha whisk you can use a fork or a regular whisk.
Now add a dash of cinnamon and the maple syrup to the matcha mixture and whisk together.
Next, froth your steamed almond milk. I use a milk frother however, you could also use a whisk to vigorously whisk your milk. It won’t be as frothy but will get you some bubbles.
Pour your milk into the matcha mixture. I like to froth my latte one more time to combine all of the ingredients.
Serve with a tasty pastry for the ultimate coffee shop experience.
Tips For Success:
- Use an almond milk you enjoy. Make sure to use an almond milk you enjoy the taste of. I have made this recipe many times and the flavor can change depending on the almond milk used. I highly recommend a vanilla flavored almond milk as it gives it an extra kick of flavor I love!
- Sweeten to your hearts desire. I prefer a lightly sweetened latte and generally add about 1 tablespoon. If you generally like a sweeter drink you may need to add the other tablespoon.
- Milk frothers make a difference. I used to make my matcha without a milk frother and I can tell you I definitely leveled up once I finally got one. It gives you that coffee shop quality latte at home. They aren’t that much of an investment and I highly recommend purchasing one.
Heaven! I absolutely love my morning matcha. They are smooth, creamy, slightly bitter with a subtly sweetness as well.
Absolutely! I have had unsweetened matcha lattes on many occasions. I personally prefer them slightly sweetened but they are tasty to me either way. If you need another sweetener option you could also blend all of the ingredients in the blender with two pitted dates until smooth and creamy. I make iced matcha lattes this way on occasion.
Other Recipes You May Like:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love to see photos of your recreations!
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk steamed
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- 1-2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup hot water
- dash of cinnamon
- Into a large mug add your hot water. Next, dissolve your matcha into the water with a matcha whisk. If you do not have a matcha whisk you can use a fork or a regular whisk.
- Now add a dash of cinnamon and the maple syrup to the matcha mixture and whisk together.
- Next, froth your steamed almond milk. I use a milk frother however, you could also use a whisk to vigorously whisk your milk. It won't be as frothy but will get you some bubbles.
- Pour your milk into the matcha mixture. I like to froth my latte one more time to combine all of the ingredients.
- If you do not have vanilla flavored almond milk you could add a splash of vanilla extract to your latte.
- You will need to use a decent sized mug for this latte.