Orange Creamsicle Smoothie, a healthy creamsicle in a glass! An easy smoothie recipe that is made with 4 simple ingredients in 5 minutes.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. Now that sounds like something I can get behind. It’s healthy, creamy, thick and oh so tasty! You will be reminiscing about those childhood summer days in no time.
I have and always will be a creamsicle fan. I have yet to find a vegan alternative that taste just like the classic to be honest (If you know of one let me know!) This smoothie however gives me all the creamsicle feels.
The secret to this recipe is the fresh orange juice and orange. Don’t make it with the bottled stuff. Get an actual orange and juice it straight into the blender! Once you taste it you will understand why.
Need I say more?
- Frozen Bananas – I take ripe spotty bananas peel them, break them in half and place them in a freezer safe bag for smoothies.
- Orange – Cara Cara is my favorite and gives the best flavor in my opinion.
- Orange Juice – Use fresh squeezed again I like to use a Cara Cara orange.
- Vanilla Almond Milk – Any vanilla flavored plant milk will do. I buy an unsweetened version.
Other Smoothie Recipes:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1 peeled orange
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Place bananas, orange, almond milk and OJ in your blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- I used Cara Cara oranges, I just love their flavor! The fresh orange juice is key to this recipe, it adds that fruity freshness that gives you all the summer feels!
- If you don't have vanilla flavored plant milk you can add in 1 tsp of vanilla extract. I like the ease of using a vanilla flavored almond milk.