These Oven Baked Carrot Fries are a fun and healthy take on the traditional french fry. Oven baked and seasoned to perfection this family friendly side dish is sure to be a hit!
Sometimes we need to get creative with our vegetables and these Oven Baked Carrot Fries do just that! I mean who doesn’t like a fry? They are a favorite amongst kids and adults alike.
This idea hit me one day when I had some carrots that had been in the fridge for awhile. I knew they were about to go bad and wanted to use them up.
However, I didn’t have any hummus on hand which is my usual carrot dip and thought to myself a carrot fry sounds good. That’s when the wheels started turning.
Can I just say, boy was I right! These fries remind me of sweet potato fries. They have that same savory and sweet factor that everyone knows and loves of a sweet potato fry. The best part is this recipe is super simple and requires just one pan and 7 ingredients.
Let’s get cooking!
- Carrots – You can keep the skin on your carrots, just make sure to wash them. The skin is actually the most nutrient dense part of the carrot.
- Olive Oil – Any neutral tasting oil will work.
- Spices – These are essential for that signature seasoned fry taste. Don’t skip them!
- Salt & Pepper – I like to use sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper for all of my recipes.
Recipes To Go With Your Fries:
- Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Hummus
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches
- White Bean and Mushroom Vegan Meatball Subs
- Vegan Lentil Sloppy Joes
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Oven Baked Carrot Fries
- 5 large carrots quartered
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry your carrots. No need to peel them just wash them well. Cut them in half and then down the middle and then quarter them.
- Now to a medium sized bowl add your carrots and olive oil and toss with your hands to coat them in the oil.
- Season with salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper and toss again to make sure they are evenly coated in your seasonings.
- Place on your sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown, flipping half way through.
- Serve with ketchup or your preferred dipping sauce.
- Depending on the size of your carrot you may need to cut your carrot halves into three. Just try to make them as much as a fry like size as possible.
- If you don't have parchment paper these have enough oil to simply place them directly onto the sheet pan. I like to use parchment as it makes for easy clean up.
- These are delicious with any dipping sauce that you like with a traditional fry!