Carrot Fries are a fun and healthy take on the traditional french fry. Oven baked and seasoned to perfection this family friendly vegan side dish is sure to be a hit!
Sometimes we need to get creative with our vegetables and these tasty Carrot Fries do just that! I mean who doesn’t like a fry? They are a favorite amongst kids and adults alike. However, they aren’t the healthiest of choices.
Using carrots and oven baking these definitely lightens up this easy vegan side. Making them the perfect anytime dinner accompaniment. They are slightly sweet, slightly savory and perfectly crispy. The best part is this recipe is super simple and requires just one pan and 7 ingredients.
Let’s get cooking!
- Carrots – You can keep the skin on your carrots, just make sure to wash them. The skin is actually the most nutrient dense part of the carrot.
- Olive Oil – Any neutral tasting oil will work.
- Spices – These are essential for that signature seasoned fry taste. Don’t skip them! For salt and pepper I like to use a very fine sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
How To Make:
Preheat oven to 425°F. For easy clean up line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Wash and dry your carrots. No need to peel them just wash them well. Cut them into fry sized pieces. Place onto your sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
Season with salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper and toss to make sure they are evenly coated in your seasonings. Arrange on your sheet pan in a single layer.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown, flipping half way through. You’ll want to also make sure they are tender. You can do so by sticking a fork into your largest fry. It should easily slide through.
Serve with ketchup or your preferred dipping sauce. I love these with hummus or even bbq sauce as well.
Serve along you favorite dinners as you would fries. These are great served with many different dips. My personal favorites are ketchup, bbq sauce or hummus. Vegan ranch would also be divine. If you want a light but tasty dip these go great with a combination of hummus mixed with small amount of bbq sauce.
Yes! Carrot Fries can absolutely be made oil free. You will want to make sure to use parchment paper on your sheet pan to avoid sticking. The seasoning should stick to your fries no problem. However, if you have any issues you can use 1-2 tbsp. vegetable broth or water to help the seasoning stick.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Keep in mind they will not be as crispy and will be much softer after being stored.
Recipes To Go With Your Fries:
- Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Hummus
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches
- White Bean and Mushroom Vegan Meatball Subs
- Vegan Lentil Sloppy Joes
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
- 5 large carrots (cut into fries)
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. For easy clean up line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry your carrots. No need to peel them just wash them well. Cut them into fry sized pieces.
- Place onto your sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper and toss to make sure they are evenly coated in your seasonings. Arrange on your sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown, flipping half way through.
- Serve with ketchup or your preferred dipping sauce.
- To make these oil free use parchment paper and follow the same instructions. The seasoning should have no issue sticking to the fries as they have enough moisture. If you have any issues add 1-2 tbsp. of vegetable broth or water.
- The amount of oil you will need will depend on the size of your carrots. If you have smaller carrots start with 1 tbsp. and go from there.