This 5-ingredient Overnight Vegan Chia Seed Pudding is an easy make ahead breakfast. It is vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened and packed with healthy nutrients!
Overnight Vegan Chia Seed Pudding is nutritious, easy to make and the perfect grab and go breakfast item. It is made with just 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of your time.
I love chia pudding. No let me rephrase I LOVE Chia Pudding. The stuff is just so tasty. It’s also such an easy customizable breakfast or snack option. You can add whatever toppings you prefer and switch it up.
It’s a great option for busy mornings or afternoon snacks for the kids. They will love to choose their own special topping and get involved in the process as well.
It’s creamy, perfectly sweet, satisfying and all around nutritious and delicious. I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as we do!
- Chia Seeds – You can find these at most stores now days. They are generally in the “health aisle” at a big grocer.
- Coconut Milk – You could use any plant milk although I think the flavor of canned whole fat coconut milk tastes best. It adds an ultra creamy and decadent flavor.
- Maple Syrup – Use the pure stuff not the breakfast kind. This is your sweetener you could also use something like coconut sugar or agave.
- Vanilla Extract – I splurge on good vanilla, I recommend you do too. It should say pure vanilla extract on the bottle and smell heavenly not like alcohol.
- Toppings – You can use whatever toppings you like. I usually go with some stewed berries, sliced banana, granola, toasted coconut and raisins.
How To Make:
In a mason jar or airtight container add your coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup and stir together until incorporated.
Add your chia seeds and stir together. Put the mason jar lid on and put your chia pudding in the fridge.
I like to let mine sit overnight but it should gel up within 2-3 hours or so.
Once your pudding is set you can add your favorite toppings. My favorite combo is raisins, stewed blueberries, sliced banana, granola and toasted coconut.
You could add whatever toppings your heart desires but this combo is heavenly.
Tips For Sucess:
- Make sure all your chia seeds are submerged in the liquid. Any chia seeds that are not in the coconut milk will not absorb your liquid and won’t create that chia pudding texture we are looking for.
- Patience is key. This is not a recipe you can make and eat right away. It will take at least about 2 hours to gel up. I like to leave mine overnight. It takes time for the chia seeds to work their magic and absorb that yummy coconut milk.
- Toppings make it special. Alone chia pudding is tasty but toppings can take it to another level. Add your favorite fruits, nut butters and granola to really spice it up.
How To Store:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
I generally store mine in a mason jar for an easy grab and go breakfast option however, any airtight container will work.
Other Recipes You May Like:
Overnight Vegan Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat canned)
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- Stewed blueberries
- Sliced banana
- Toasted coconut
- In a mason jar or airtight container add your coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup and stir together until incorporated.
- Add your chia seeds and stir together. Put the mason jar lid on and put your chia pudding in the fridge. I like to let mine sit overnight but it should gel up within 2-3 hours or so.
- Once your pudding is set you can add your favorite toppings. My favorite combo is raisins, stewed blueberries, sliced banana, granola and toasted coconut. You could add whatever toppings your heart desires but this combo is heavenly.
- This is the perfect meal prep item. Prep your pudding in the evening and you have breakfast ready to go come morning time. If you want it sooner it will gel up within 2-3 hours or so.
- You can use whichever plant milk you would like, I recommend coconut milk as I personally think it tastes the best with Chia Seed Pudding.
- Topping options are really endless any fruits, nuts, seed or granola that you like would be excellent.