Creamy and decadent Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie, a treat that taste like dessert but is so healthy. This easy smoothie recipe only requires 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make!
Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies are honestly my all time favorite smoothie. They are so simple to make, filling and healthy. I honestly make these on a weekly sometimes daily basis. I never get sick of them. They are that good!
The first time I ever had a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie was at a gym called La Mancha. My mom actually worked there as a nail tech and I would sometimes come and hangout at the salon. Their smoothies were so delicious and I remember them well.
I didn’t have anything like it until my Jamba Juice days. I would often order the Peanut Butter Mood there to get my fix. It’s filled with frozen yogurt making it more like a milkshake in my eyes.
After going vegan I set out to make them just as decadent and delicious at home. I couldn’t believe how simple it was in the end.
With bananas as the creamy base, running natural peanut butter and vanilla almond milk its a match made in smoothie heaven. I hope you enjoy this creamy delicious treat as much as I do!
- Frozen Bananas – I generally take very ripe bananas, peel them, break them in half and place them in a freezer safe bag. I always have them on hand for smoothie!
- Peanut Butter – The runny all natural kind works best in my opinion. I always buy unsalted unsweetened natural peanut butter.
- Almond Milk – Any plant milk will do I love to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Spinach – This ingredient is optional but I like my greens so I generally throw in about a cup of fresh baby spinach.
Other Smoothie Recipes:
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup fresh spinach (optional)
- Place banana, peanut butter, almond milk and spinach (if you choose) into the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with banana slices and peanut butter drizzle for an extra fun treat!
- I have enjoyed this smoothie with a Feenin For Greens spinach twist and really cannot tell the difference. My picky eater however prefers the classic look and won't even touch my green version. That's ok! I'll continue sneaking greens into her berry smoothies without any trouble.