Creamy and decadent Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie, a treat that taste like dessert but is so healthy. This easy smoothie recipe only requires 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make!
Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies are honestly my all time favorite smoothie. They are so simple to make, filling and healthy. I honestly make these on a weekly sometimes daily basis. I never get sick of them. They are that good!
With bananas as the creamy base, running natural peanut butter and vanilla almond milk its a match made in smoothie heaven. I hope you enjoy this creamy delicious treat as much as I do!
- Frozen Bananas – I generally take very ripe bananas, peel them, break them in half and place them in a freezer safe bag. I always have them on hand for smoothies!
- Peanut Butter – The runny all natural kind works best in my opinion. I always buy unsalted unsweetened natural peanut butter.
- Almond Milk – Any plant milk will do I love to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. The vanilla really adds that extra flavor. If you do not have a vanilla flavored plant milk I suggest adding a splash of pure vanilla extract.
How To Make:
First place bananas, peanut butter and 1 cup almond milk into blender. I generally put my bananas into the blender first, then the peanut butter and then the almond milk.
Blend until smooth and creamy adding the additional ½ cup as needed. Whether you will need the full amount of almond milk depends on the size of your bananas as well as the power of you blender.
Top with banana slices and peanut butter drizzle for an extra fun treat.
- Smoothie Bowl Style – This thick and creamy smoothie would be great as a smoothie bowl. Add all of your favorite toppings. Things like extra sliced bananas, blueberries, granola and extra peanut butter drizzle would be divine!
- Greens, Greens, Greens – I love adding spinach to my peanut butter banana smoothies. It adds a great boost of nutrition and it completely undetectable taste wise. It also makes your smoothie a beautiful green color of course.
- Protein Powder – This is the perfect post workout smoothie. It already has protein from the peanut butter however, if you want to bump it up a notch add a scoop of protein powder.
First, make sure to use ripe spotty bananas for the optimal sweetness and flavor. Always remove the peel before freezing. I generally take my ripe bananas peel them, then break them in half and place them in a freezer safe bag. If you do not have a high speed blender you will want to break them into smaller pieces to ensure they blend easily. You can slice them as well although I do not find this necessary.
Other Smoothie Recipes:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1-1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened peanut butter
- Place bananas, peanut butter and 1 cup almond milk into blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy adding the additional ½ cup as needed.
- Top with banana slices and peanut butter drizzle for an extra fun treat!
- Depending on the size of your bananas and your blender you may need the full 1 ½ of almond milk. I would start with 1 cup and go from there.
- If you would like to add some healthy greens to this smoothie. Spinach is great to add. You can do about 1 cup loosely packed.
- If you do not have vanilla flavored almond milk feel free to add a splash of vanilla.