With 3 simple ingredients and 10 minutes these family friendly Peanut Butter Cereal Bites could be yours! They are so simple to make and a great snack to have on hand!
Peanut Butter Cereal Bites are a super kid friendly snack that only require 3 simple ingredients and 10 minutes tops. They are fun to make and a great recipe to get the kiddos involved in. These snacks are also much healthier than the traditional cereal snacks sold in most grocery stores these days.
These remind me of a cereal bar I would get at a friends house from time to time growing up. Wasn’t it the best going to a sleepover and getting to enjoy another families snacks? I know I loved it. I was not a picky eater so I loved trying out all the new snacks and telling my mom about how she should get them.
With 6 kids in the house my mom didn’t buy many snacks because they would be gone in one day if she did. So I thoroughly enjoyed all the goodies at friends houses. Eventually in my high school days my mom discovered Costco and our house was snack city.
Now, most prepackaged snacks contain things like high fructose corn syrup and artificial colors and flavors. These Peanut Butter Cereal Bites are a 3 ingredient homemade and wholesome snack.
I hope your kiddos love them as much as mine do!
- Vegan Cereal – I used Barbara’s Organic Honest O’s it has minimal ingredients and is very low in sugar.
- Peanut Butter – I use a unsweetened unsalted natural peanut butter for all of my recipes.
- Maple Syrup – The pure stuff not the breakfast kind. You could also use something like agave.
Other Kid Friendly Recipes:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Peanut Butter Cereal Bites
- 3 cups vegan cereal
- ½ cup unsweetened unsalted peanut butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add your peanut butter and maple syrup and stir until incorporated. If your peanut butter has been sitting in the fridge and is very thick I would recommend zapping it for about 10 seconds or so to thin it out.
- Add your cereal and mix until coated in the peanut butter mixture.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon into baking cups or a muffin tin.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes until coating is less wet and sticky.
- For the cereal I used Barbara's Organic Honest O's, they are vegan and very low in sugar. However, this will work with any cereal you have on hand.
- You can use any nut butter instead of peanut butter if needed.