These No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls are the perfect mid-day snack. The best part is this healthy kid friendly treat only requires 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make!
I love a snack that can also pass for dessert. These No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls certainly fit the bill. The perfect mid-day snack that will keep you full and satisfied.
This is also a perfect recipe to get the kids involved in the kitchen. It only requires 5 ingredients so they are fairly simple to make. Kids will have fun getting their hands dirty with the rolling process.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls are a great alternative to the traditional unhealthy snacks most kids eat today. You could pack them in their lunch for a special treat or enjoy them for an after school snack.
Really anyway you dish em the kids will eat em!
- Rolled Oats – I use regular old fashion rolled oats.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – Use whatever brand you prefer, I used Enjoy Life. You could also cut up chocolate chunks or a bar of vegan chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – I generally use a natural unsalted unsweetened peanut butter in all of my recipes.
- Maple Syrup – The pure kind not the breakfast kind.
- Vanilla – This is one ingredient I splurge on and get a good quality. Good vanilla is so worth it!
- Salt – Just a pinch, I use Sea Salt.
Other Recipes You May Like:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Peanut Butter Balls (No-Bake & Vegan)
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¾ cup unsalted unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a medium sized bowl add your oats, salt, chocolate chips, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated together.
- Take a tablespoon and scoop a heaping amount of dough into the palm of your hand and roll mixture into a ball. Continue this process until all your dough is gone. I like to slightly wet my hands during this process as the dough is sticky and I find this helps.
- Once your bites are all rolled place them in an air tight container and store them in the refrigerator.
- Feel free to use whatever kind of chocolate chips you prefer. I used semi-sweet but you could use dark chocolate or even cut up chocolate as well.
- Make sure you store these in the refrigerator as this helps them to hold together better.
- If you don't have peanut butter on hand any nut butter will work for these.