These easy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies are vegan, refined sugar free, oil free and gluten-free and somehow not missing an ounce of that traditional peanut butter cookie decadence!
I have been making these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies for years. They are vegan, refined sugar free, oil free and gluten-free. Dessert that you can eat for breakfast!
These cookies are wholesome and packed with great ingredients. Bursting with peanut butter flavor and are the perfect dessert or snack for those hungry kids!
Not only are these cookies Liam approved but they are picky eater approved as well. It’s a great way to sneak protein into your kids diet while they think they are eating a sugary dessert!
These are made with ingredients like whole oats, natural peanut butter and coconut sugar. Making them a much healthier option over the traditional Peanut Butter Cookie.
I know you will love them just as much as we do!
- Peanut Butter – You will want runny natural unsweetened peanut butter for this recipe.
- Oat Flour – You can buy oat flour or you can take rolled oats and blend or place them in the food processor until hey are a fine flour like texture.
- Coconut Sugar – You can find this at most stores these days. Sometimes they will have both a light and dark option either will work.
- Baking Soda – Any brand will work, make sure it is not expired.
- Salt – I use a very fine Sea Salt.
- Vanilla Extract – A good vanilla is a little more expensive but so worth it for all your baked goods. I recommend splurging on this ingredient.
- Applesauce – You will want an unsweetened unflavored variety.
Other Baked Goods Recipes:
- The Best Vegan Banana Bread
- Maple Glazed Vegan Baked Donuts
- Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Coconut Macadamia Nut Frosting
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup oat flour (rolled oats ground into flour)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take oats and blend in blender or food processor ⅔until flour like texture.
- In standing mixer or bowl cream peanut butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl mix oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet.
- Mix on low until incorporated. Cookie dough will be crumbly.
- Add applesauce and mix until dough forms.
- Take 1 tbsp. cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet. Continue this process until all the dough is used.
- Lightly press down the cookie with the palm of your hand. Take a fork and carefully make criss crossed marks onto your cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies are lightly golden on the edges.
- Let the cookies completely cool before removing them from the pan.
- Allow the cookies to cool all the way before handling. They are very soft and will easily break apart if handled before they have cooled.
- If you would like to reduce the sugar in this recipe you can go down to 2/3 cup. The cookies will still be tasty but will have a mild sweetness.