This Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is a simple, hearty plant-based breakfast or snack. Made with 6 simple ingredients and naturally sweetened this easy breakfast is sure to be a hit!
Quinoa for breakfast? It might sound strange but once you taste this Quinoa Breakfast Bowl you will quickly change your mind! It’s a simple, yet satisfying and hearty breakfast that will keep you full and is packed with nutrients.
I certainly did not grow up eating a Quinoa Breakfast Bowl every morning. In fact I never had quinoa until my mid twenties. Once I discovered it I fell in love. It’s fluffy texture and nutty flavor is honestly to die for.
Quinoa is a very nutrient dense grain that is also gluten-free, high in protein, fiber and iron. You can use it as a rice replacement in a savory dish or sweeten it up for breakfast. It really is a very versatile grain!
- Quinoa – White Quinoa works best for this recipe.
- Almond Milk – Any plant milk will do just reach for the unsweetened unflavored kind to ensure you can control the sugars.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg – These add that classic breakfast flavor!
- Vanilla – I always try to buy the good stuff and splurge a little on vanilla. It should smell amazing not like alcohol.
- Maple Syrup – The pure kind not the breakfast syrup.
- Toppings – Whatever toppings you fancy will work. I love mine with fruit, a nut butter of some sort, coconut and sliced almonds. This combo is pure bliss!
Other Nutritious Breakfast Options:
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- sliced almonds
- almond butter
- In a medium sized saucepan add your quinoa, almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Bring to a bowl over medium high-heat.
- Once boiling immediately turn to low and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off heat and allow to set for an additional 5 minutes.
- I like to top mine with a dash of cinnamon, fresh berries, coconut, almonds, and a drizzle of almond butter.
- You can prep the quinoa and top your bowl in the morning for a quick and easy breakfast. Just make sure to store your prepared quinoa in an airtight container.