These Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos are hearty, healthy, easy to make and done in 30 minutes. The perfect simple and tasty vegan lunch or dinner.
Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos are easy to make, vegan and so delicious! This simple recipe is made with just 7 ingredients in 30 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight meal. This is one of my all time favorites and I can tell you I make these just about every week.
Sweet Potatoes perfectly seasoned and roasted until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside served in a warm tortilla topped with all your favorite fixings. Pair these tasty tacos with some homemade beans and rice for the ultimate meal.
You are about to be in taco heaven!
- Sweet Potatoes – I like Red Garnet sweet potatoes for this recipe. Something like a Jewel Sweet Potato will work as well.
- Olive Oil – Any neutral tasting oil will work. If you wan’t to make these oil-free you can. Just simply use parchment paper and follow the same instructions. Keep in mind they won’t get quite as roasted.
- Ground Coriander – This is a super unique flavor and it compliments the sweet potatoes well. If you do not have any on hand you could also use cumin.
- Spices – The onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper add a nice savory flavor to the sweet potato. Make sure to use all the spices listed!
- Fixings – Serve with whatever taco fixings you like best. These are great on flour or corn tortillas.
How To Make:
Preheat oven to 425°F degrees. Wash sweet potatoes, peel and dice into bite sized cubes. If you prefer to keep the skin on your sweet potatoes you can, just make sure to wash them really well.
Place sweet potatoes onto a large sheet pan and toss in olive oil. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, salt and pepper. Toss again.
Place into the oven to roast, bake until tender and golden brown about 25 minutes, tossing half way through.
Assemble tacos with your favorite fixings.
- Gluten-free – To make these gluten-free you can simply use corn tortillas.
- Black Beans – I love adding black beans to these tacos. If you have time to whip some up they are a great addition. My Slow Cooker Black Beans are my go to easy recipe.
- Spicy – To make these tacos spicy you could add cayenne to the sweet potatoes or some jalapeño on top. Something like Soyrizo (Vegan Chorizo) would also be an amazing addition!
- Veggies – Feel free to add all of your favorite sautéed veggies to these tacos. I tend to make a fajita style veggie blend when I want to add veggies to my tacos. Things like bell peppers, squash, onion and spinach are great.
Store any leftover roasted sweet potato in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Other Dinner Ideas:
- Vegan Lentil Sloppy Joes
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches
- Creamy Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta
- Chickpea and Vegetable Curry
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos
- 2 large sweet potatoes (washed, peeled and diced into cubes)
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- corn or flour tortillas
- fresh lime
- guacamole or avocado
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes, peel and dice into bite sized cubes.
- Place sweet potatoes onto a large sheet pan and toss in olive oil.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Place into the oven to roast, bake until tender and golden brown about 25 minutes, tossing half way through.
- Assemble tacos with your favorite fixings.
- Depending on how large your sweet potatoes are you may need the full 3 tbsp. of olive oil to coat them.
- If you prefer to keep the skin on your sweet potatoes you can, just make sure to wash them really well.
- These taste great on flour or corn tortillas. To keep them gluten-free use corn tortillas.