This simple and easy to make classic packs a punch of flavor with only 10 ingredients and is done in less than 30 minutes. Roasted Tomato Basil Pasta is the perfect easy vegan pasta dish!
Roasted Tomato Basil Pasta. It’s such a simple dish but still packed with flavor. Roasted tomatoes are the key here and add so much depth and flavor to this favorite. Pull out your sweat pants people because you are going to want to eat the entire pot!
This is not only a family friendly but budget friendly vegan pasta dish. Only requiring 30 minutes of your time it’s perfect for those busy weeknight meals. Pair it with a nice salad and dinner is done!
I honestly had never had this dish until I tested it for the blog. I had a version of it with fresh tomatoes, which is also delicious. There is just something about roasted tomatoes however that add something really special.
I hope you and your family love this easy pasta recipe as much as we do!
- Spaghetti – You can use any noodle however I think spaghetti works best with this recipe.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Make sure they are a deep red color as those have the most flavor.
- Olive Oil – Any neutral oil will work as well.
- Garlic – A key ingredient to this dish mince it fine or use a garlic press.
- Spinach – I like to add a little bit of green to most dishes.
- Basil – Another key ingredient! Make sure it’s fresh.
- Lemon – This adds a nice brightness to the dish.
- Pasta Water – Don’t skip this step it’s the difference between dry pasta or delicious pasta.
- Salt & Pepper – I like fresh cracked pepper and sea salt.
Other Pasta Dishes You Might Like:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Roasted Tomato Basil Pasta
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup chiffonade basil
- 2-4 tbsp. water
- ½ cup pasta water
- ½ lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss tomatoes with olive oil, salt & pepper on a sheet pan. Spread tomatoes out and place into the preheated oven.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and blistered.
- While the tomatoes are roasting boil a large pot of water and cook pasta per the instructions on the package. Before draining your pasta reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Mince garlic and chiffonade (cut into thin ribbons) basil.
- In a large skillet add spinach and garlic with 2 tbsp. water over medium heat until spinach wilts.
- To the skillet with the wilted spinach and garlic add pasta, roasted tomatoes, basil, pasta water and fresh lemon juice and incorporate together.
- This could easily be made gluten free with lentil pasta which I have done before and it is delicious.
- I like to keep most of my recipes low oil if possible. When cooking the spinach and garlic you can simply add the water gradually as needed. If you would rather use oil this would work as well.
- Chiffonade simply means to roll the basil leaves together and cut them into thin ribbon like strips.
- A sprinkle of vegan parmesan would be a welcomed addition to this tasty dish!