Vegan Tahini Dressing is creamy, rich and comes together in just 5 minutes! It’s perfect for topping salads, wraps, falafel and more.
This Vegan Tahini Dressing recipe comes together with just 6 ingredients and five minutes total. It is not only easy to make but mighty delicious and much healthier than a traditional oil based dressing.
Creamy, savory and rich with a slightly tangy and sweet flavor. Perfect for all things salad, wraps, sandwiches, falafel and so much more! The perfect easy dressing recipe the entire family is sure to enjoy!
- Tahini – Use a good runny Tahini. It should be unsalted to control the salt in the recipe.
- Lemon – This adds a brightness and a tangy flavor that is needed for the dressing. Fresh is best.
- Garlic – You will want to either finely mince or use a garlic press for your garlic.
- Maple Syrup – Use pure maple syrup not the breakfast kind.
- Salt & Pepper – I use Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
How To Make:
First get your ingredients together and finely mince or press your garlic in a garlic press. Into a small bowl add your tahini, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
Now still until the ingredients are very well incorporate together.
The tahini sauce will be very thick before adding the water.
Slowly add water until the dressing is the consistency you would like.
If you add the full 1/4 cup the dressing will look a bit watery at first but will thicken as it chills in the refrigerator.
Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. You can use it right away or allow it to chill in the refrigerator.
I generally make this ahead and allow mine to chill for a few hours or overnight.
Tips For Success:
- Use good Tahini. The flavor of the dressing will heavily rely on the tahini you use. You will want a good quality Tahini that is not too bitter.
- Roll your lemon before juicing. Roll your lemon back and forth on the counter with a little bit of pressure. This helps to break down the membranes and makes juicing easier.
- Chill for the best results. I don’t know about you but I prefer my dressing cold. It isn’t a required step but I like to chill the dressing before use as it helps it thicken as well.
Tahini is sesame seeds ground into a smooth paste. It is most commonly used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Cuisine. It can generally be found in the “ethnic aisle” or near the condiments of the grocery store. More chain stores as well as natural food stores do carry tahini now.
Store your vegan tahini dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I would not recommend freezing your dressing.
Other Recipes You May Like:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Vegan Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- up to ¼ cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- First get your ingredients together and finely mince or press your garlic in a garlic press.
- Into a small bowl add your tahini, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Still together until very well incorporated.
- Slowly add the water until the dressing is the consistency you would like.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- The dressing will thicken as it cools in the refrigerator. If you need to use it right away you won't want to use much water to thin the dressing.
- I generally add the full 1/4 cup as I make it ahead and let it chill overnight.
- The Tahini should be thick and runny. I recommend using a good quality Tahini as this is a major flavor of the recipe.
- If you need to use the dressing right away make sure to slowly add little bits of water and stir until it is your desired consistency.