This 8-ingredient Blender Green Juice Recipe is easy to make, refreshing, slightly sweet and incredibly nourishing! The best part, it’s made without a juicer in the blender.
The perfect Blender Green Juice Recipe. Subtly sweet and deliciously balanced. This truly is the perfect juice. The best part is it’s easy to make in a blender not a juicer.
When I first went plant based I dived straight into a Whole Foods Plant Based Diet. I bought a juicer off craigslist that was bulky and old and every week I would make a big batch of fresh juice.
Now that juice was delicious and I loved it but you know what I hated that darn bulky juicer. I am sure there are some better models out there but this thing was a pain to use and clean.
This annoyance got me thinking there had to be a better way. And thus the perfect easy green juice recipe was born. Easy to make, easy clean up and delicious to drink.
- Apple – Use whatever brand you like to eat. I generally buy Gala.
- Cucumber – No need to peel the skins have all the nutrients. Buy organic if you can.
- Spinach – I use baby spinach but fresh regular leaf spinach will work as well.
- Kale – I buy the Lacinato Kale also known as Dinosaur Kale. Make sure to remove the hard stems from the middle.
- Parsley – I prefer flat leaf.
- Pineapple – Leave the core intact for extra nutrients, it will blend up just fine.
- Coconut Water – Make sure you use a unsweetened coconut water. The only ingredient should be coconut water.
- Water – This helps the blending process along.
How To Make:
First, core your apple and cut into quarters. Cut your cucumber and pineapple as well.
Place apple, pineapple, cucumber, parsley, kale and spinach into the blender. Place in the order listed as this helps the blender along.
Pour in coconut water and water. Blend until very smooth. You can expect your juice to be a bit frothy at first.
If you prefer a thinner juice, strain out the pulp using a fine mesh strainer or a cheese cloth.
Serve in a mason jar with a fun straw.
Tips For Success:
- Remove the stems from your kale. These are very hard and although they could most definitely go through a juicer, I think this blender juice is best without them.
- Blend until smooth. Make sure you blend your juice on high until very smooth.
- Strain if you prefer a thinner juice. This is a whole foods juice, meaning it contains the entire fruit and vegetable. If you prefer a thin juice simply strain with a cheese cloth or a fine mess strainer.
Both blending and juicing are very nutritious for you. Juicing essentially extracts the fiber and makes an easily digestible juice that allows your body to quickly absorb the nutrients. Blending your juice on the other hand keeps the entire fruit and vegetable intact and keeps that fiber. This allows your body to slowly digest all the nutrients as well as sustain your energy and hunger a little longer. Both are packed with nutrients, it really just depends what you are looking for.
Technically it’s best to consume juice right away or at least within 24 hours to obtain all of the nutrients. However, this will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Other Healthy Recipes:
- Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Kale Salad with Roasted Chickpeas and Tahini Dressing
- Healthy Berry Smoothie
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Easy Green Juice Recipe
- 1 apple cored and quartered
- ½ cucumber quartered
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup pineapple cubed (*with core intact)
- 1-17.5 oz. container pure coconut water
- 1 cup water
- First, core your apple and cut into quarters. Cut your cucumber and pineapple as well.
- Place apple, pineapple, cucumber, parsley, kale and spinach into the blender. Place in the order listed as this helps the blender along.
- Pour in coconut water and water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Green juice will be frothy. I generally let my green juice settle a few minutes before drinking. You can also strain your juice if you prefer. Use a fine mesh strainer of a cheesecloth to strain out the pulp.
- The Pineapple core is filled with amazing nutrients like Bromelain keep the core in place for extra health benefits!