This 3-ingredient Toasted Coconut Smoothie is refreshing, easy to make and delicious. It’s the perfect healthy smoothie recipe that the entire family is sure to enjoy!
Toasted Coconut Smoothie, now that sounds like something I most definitely want in my life. This simple smoothie recipe only requires 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time. It is thick, creamy and delectably sweet.
The frozen bananas add an ultra creamy texture that will make you feel like you’re drinking more like a coconut shake. While the toasted coconut adds a depth of flavor that is addictively tasty.
Nutritious, easy to make and satisfying. This delicious smoothie is about to take you on a trip to a tropical paradise.
- Frozen Bananas – Ripe bananas work best for optimal flavor and sweetness. I generally take ripe spotty bananas, take the peel off break them in half and put them in a freezer safe bag to have on hand for smoothies.
- Toasted Coconut – Shredded coconut works best for this recipe but coconut flakes will work as well. Make sure to use an unsweetened variety.
- Almond Milk – Any plant milk will work I like to use an unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk for this recipe.
How To Make:
To your blender add frozen bananas, toasted coconut and 2 cups of almond milk.
Blend until smooth. Depending on your blender you may need the additional ¼ cup of almond milk. It should be thick and creamy like a shake.
Serve with extra toasted coconut on top and a fun straw if you are feeling snazzy.
Tips For Success:
- Use ripe bananas. For the best flavor and sweetness you will want to use ripe spotty bananas, like the ones you would use for banana bread.
- A high speed blender works best. If possible you will want to use a high speed blender for the best consistency. This will allow you to use less liquid and create more of a coconut shake consistency. I use a Vitamix and it works great! If you do not have a high speed blender that is no problem, you just may need to add the extra almond milk to help things along.
- Make sure the coconut is cooled. If you are toasting the coconut right before making this smoothie it will need to be completely cool prior to adding it to your blender.
Yes, of course. Toasting the coconut adds a great depth of flavor that is to die for. I absolutely love it. However, if you don’t have any on hand or don’t want to toast it up first you can add untoasted coconut instead.
Other Smoothie Recipes:
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Toasted Coconut Smoothie
- 3 large frozen bananas
- 2-2 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¾ cup shredded toasted coconut
- To your blender add frozen bananas, toasted coconut and 2 cups of almond milk.
- Blend until smooth. Depending on your blender you may need the additional ¼ cup of almond milk. It should be thick and creamy like a shake.
- Use ripe spotty bananas for this recipe for optimal sweetness and flavor.
- If you are toasting the coconut the same day ensure it is completely cooled before adding it to the blender.