With only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes you could be slathering this ultra creamy Vegan Almond Ricotta Cheese on everything! It is easy to make, delicious and perfect for pizza, pasta or even a big salad.
Creamy Vegan Almond Ricotta Cheese that is made with 6 ingredients and done in 10 minutes. I’m 100% in! This vegan cheese recipe is made with simple whole food ingredients and is tasty on everything!
Just because you go Vegan doesn’t mean you stop loving cheese. I think it is the one thing that is hard for most to give up. There are some great options for vegan cheese out there now days however, I like the homemade stuff the best.
I really hope you love this recipe. It’s:
and perfectly delicious!
- Almonds – Blanched slivered almonds work best for this recipe. If you need to substitute almonds cashews will work. I would recommend soaking them in warm water for an hour prior to making this recipe. It will also yield a different taste as almonds have a slight sweetness in flavor and cashews are more savory.
- Water – Depending on your food processor you may need to add a touch more water to help the process along. Add a little bit at a time if you think you need more.
- Lemon – This is a key ingredient, use fresh lemon juice. This adds a brightness and tanginess to the cheese.
- Nutritional Yeast – This can be found at most stores now. It adds a cheese like flavor.
- Garlic – Use fresh if possible and mince it fine or use a garlic press.
- Salt & Pepper – I use Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
Tips For Sucess:
- Use a powerful food processor. I think a food processor works best but you can also use a good blender if needed. If you do not have a good quality food processor or blender I would recommend soaking you nuts in warm water for an hour before making this recipe.
- Be Patient. To get a creamy consistency be patient and scrape down the sides during the process. It doesn’t take too long but it does take a bit to get that smooth and creamy ricotta cheese texture you want.
- Taste and adjust. Feel free to taste and add more garlic, nutritional yeast or lemon to match your taste preferences.
Other Recipes You May Like:
Vegan Almond Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- ¾ cup water
- ½ large lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic minced (or ½ tsp. garlic powder)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until smooth scrapping the sides down as needed.
- Mixture should be creamy and smooth. If you feel it is too thick add a little bit more water and process until your desired consistency.
- I use a Vitamix blender and find it is powerful enough to mix just about anything. If you are having issue blending your ricotta you may need to add a bit more water.
- If you do not have a high-speed blender or just have the time I recommend soaking your almonds in hot water for an hour prior to making this recipe. Simply drain off the water and follow the recipe as stated above.