With only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes you could be slathering this ultra creamy Vegan Ricotta Cheese on everything! It is easy to make, delicious and perfect for pizza, pasta or even a big salad.
Creamy Vegan Ricotta Cheese made with 6 ingredients and done in 10 minutes. I’m 100% in! This vegan cheese recipe is made with simple whole food ingredients and is tasty on everything!
Just because you go Vegan doesn’t mean you stop loving cheese. I think it is the one thing that is hard for most to give up. There are some great options for vegan cheese out there now days however, I like the homemade stuff the best.
I really hope you love this recipe. It’s:
and perfectly delicious!
- Almonds – Blanched slivered almonds work best for this recipe. If you need a substitute cashews will work. I would recommend soaking them in warm water for an hour prior to making this recipe. It will also yield a different taste as almonds have a slight sweetness in flavor and cashews are more savory.
- Water – Depending on your food processor you may need to add a touch more water to help the process along. Add a little bit at a time if you think you need more.
- Lemon – This is a key ingredient, use fresh lemon juice. This adds a brightness and tanginess to the cheese.
- Nutritional Yeast – This can be found at most stores now. It adds a cheese like flavor.
- Garlic – Use fresh if possible and mince it fine or use a garlic press.
- Salt & Pepper – I use Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
How To Make:
First get all of your ingredients together and add them to your food processor.
Process until smooth scrapping the sides down as needed.
The mixture should be thick, creamy and smooth. If you feel it is too thick add a little bit more water and process until your desired consistency.
It really is that easy! Spread on sandwiches, top on your pasta or pizza.
Tips For Sucess:
- Use a powerful food processor. I think a food processor works best but you can also use a good blender if needed. If you do not have a good quality food processor or blender I would recommend soaking you nuts in warm water for an hour before making this recipe.
- Be Patient. To get a creamy consistency be patient and scrape down the sides during the process. It doesn’t take too long but it does take a bit to get that smooth and creamy ricotta cheese texture you want.
- Taste and adjust. Feel free to taste and add more garlic, nutritional yeast or lemon to match your taste preferences.
This recipe works perfect as a non dairy ricotta cheese substitute. It can be used for all your favorite Italian inspired dishes. Think stuffed shells and lasagna. It works great dolloped on pizza or pasta, or even eat it with crackers or a thick slice of toasted crusty bread. The options are endless!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. You can also freeze vegan ricotta cheese in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Just simply thaw at room temperature and use as you wish.
Other Recipes You May Like:
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Creamy Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta
- Easy Vegan Pizza Dough
- Roasted Tomato Basil Pasta
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- ¾ cup water
- ½ large lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic minced (or ½ tsp. garlic powder)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until smooth scrapping the sides down as needed.
- The mixture should be thick, creamy and smooth. If you feel it is too thick add a little bit more water and process until your desired consistency.
- I use a Vitamix blender and find it is powerful enough to mix just about anything. If you are having issue blending your ricotta you may need to add a bit more water.
- If you do not have a high-speed blender or just have the time I recommend soaking your almonds in hot water for an hour prior to making this recipe. Simply drain off the water and follow the recipe as stated above.