These decadent Vegan Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup will knock your socks off! They are easy to make, vegan, oil-free and refined sugar free!
Pancakes are good. Vegan Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup now those, those are delicious! They are fluffy, have the perfect banana flavor and the peanut butter syrup ties the whole thing together.
I have and will always be a pancake lover. They are I’d say the truest American breakfast classic. I know there are a lot of debates out there about pancakes and waffles and the thing is I love them both.
I will say that pancakes are more of a no fuss option to me. For one you don’t need a waffle maker and they are pretty simple to make.
Honestly if you asked me to choose only one I am not sure I could! However, I can tell you that these pancakes rank pretty high up on my list of breakfast favorites.
Like most pancake recipes it simply starts with a bowl and a few pantry ingredients.
It only takes about 15 minutes to all come together! Perfect for a busy weekday mornings or weekends as well.
- Flour – All-purpose is best to make these light and fluffy however, I have made them with whole wheat and they still turn out great. Just make sure not to over mix your batter.
- Coconut Sugar – If you don’t have coconut sugar on hand and don’t need this recipe to be refined sugar free you can use regular white sugar.
- Baking Powder & Soda – Just make sure they are not expired.
- Cinnamon – Don’t skip it, cinnamon makes everything better!
- Almond Milk – Any plant milk will work, just make sure to reach for the unsweetened variety.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This helps to create a buttermilk when added to your almond milk.
- Banana – This is a key ingredient make sure it is a very ripe and spotty banana like you would use for banana bread.
- Maple Syrup – Use pure maple syrup not the breakfast kind.
- Peanut Butter – You want the runny creamy natural unsweetened peanut butter
Other Awesome Breakfast Recipes:
- Healthy Vegan French Toast
- Vegetable Potato Hash
- Healthy Oatmeal Blender Pancakes
- Easy Tofu Scramble
Vegan Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. flax meal+2.5 tbsp. water)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- In a small bowl mix flax meal and water, stir and set aside to make flax egg.
- In another small bowl add apple cider vinegar to almond milk and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together.
- After flax egg and milk has set for five minutes mix together.
- Mash banana and add to wet mixture.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredient mix.
- Add wet ingredients to center of dry ingredients.
- Carefully mix together only until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat and spray with your choice of cooking spray. I used coconut oil.
- Once skillet is hot place about 1/4 cup worth of batter into the pan.
- Wait until you see bubbles on one side and then flip about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pancake should be golden brown and fluffy.
- In a small saucepan place peanut butter and syrup and stir over low heat until warm and sauce has thinned out.
- Top pancakes with walnuts, fresh banana and peanut butter syrup.
- Make sure not to over mix this batter or your pancakes will be not so fluffy.
- Ripe bananas work best and add the most flavor.