These Vegan Cinnamon Roasted Almonds are very rich in flavor and perfectly sweet! A easy to make alternative to this fair classic. They are vegan, gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free but still bursting with flavor!
I adore Cinnamon Roasted Almonds and this recipe is no exception. These are crunchy, sweet and packed with that classic cinnamon flavor!
I can smell these just looking at the picture. They bring back so many memories for me. As a kid I only got to indulge in Cinnamon Almonds on rare occasions. Sometimes at a small carnival or the local fair.
Funny thing is my mom actually hated the fair every year I wanted to go just for cinnamon almonds but she said it was a gross and dirty place. So I have really only been to the fair a few times in my life.
I knew I wanted to experiment with making a healthier version so I set out to recipe testing. I couldn’t believe how great and similar they turned out! They are also super fun to make and a great protein packed snack to have on hand.
Pro Tip: I like to bring these to the movie theatre and forgo buying the expensive snacks they have there. They are the perfect portable snack!
WOW, check out that close up. Can you smell that sweet cinnamon yet?
- Raw Almonds – Raw nuts are not roasted, salted or sweetened. These work best for this recipe as we will be adding the sweetness.
- Cinnamon – This is of course a key ingredient so don’t skimp on this one!
- Coconut Sugar – If you need a replacement for this brown sugar would likely work well.
- Maple Syrup – This adds a great flavor. You will want to use the pure kind not the breakfast kind.
- Vanilla Extract – This is one ingredient that I recommend buying a good quality. I find it does make a difference in all of my recipes.
- Water – Just regular old filtered water helps the process along.
How to Make Vegan Cinnamon Roasted Almonds:
Other Recipes You May Like:
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips
- Homemade Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola
- Maple Glazed Baked Donuts (Vegan & Oil-Free)
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Vegan Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- 2 cups raw unsalted almonds
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- In a large skillet over medium heat add your water, coconut sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to incorporate.
- Add your almonds and stir.
- Stir continuously you will see the mixture turn from liquid to syrup to coating on the almonds. This process takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the liquid is gone and the almonds are coated place on a lined baking sheet and separate the almonds.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- I have made these with dark and light coconut sugar. I prefer the dark coconut sugar but they are tasty either way!
- Make sure to stir continuously so they do not stick to the pan and the coating sticks to the almonds.