With 5 minutes and 5 simple whole food ingredients you could be sprinkling this Vegan Parmesan Cheese on everything. It is easy to make and will take any dish up a notch or two!
Vegan Parmesan Cheese made in 5 minutes with 5 ingredients? You can most definitely count me in! This vegan cheese is savory, cheesy and satisfying. All the things a cheese should be!
Growing up I was always a fan of grated parmesan cheese. On Spaghetti night my 5 brothers and sisters and I would fight over it. We would seriously mound it on like there was no tomorrow, just sprinkling away without a care in the world.
I mean let’s be honest vegan or not most people like cheese. I think it was the hardest thing for me to give up. Store bought vegan cheese is in general pretty expensive.
For the most part I like to go with homemade especially when it is this easy and tasty. Once you make it you’ll always want to have it on hand for all those Italian favorites!
- Cashews – I go with a raw unsalted variety so I can control the salt in the recipe.
- Nutritional Yeast – This is easy to find at most stores now days and adds a cheesy flavor.
- Salt – I like to use a sea salt.
- Garlic Powder & Onion Powder – These spices add a great flavor to your vegan cheese. Don’t skip out on them
Recipes For Your Cheese:
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Add cashews, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and onion powder into food processor.
- Process until fine "parmesan cheese" like texture.
- Sprinkle on pasta, salad, pizza, garlic bread or whatever your heart desires.
- Make sure not to over-process your "cheese" it can easily start to turn into a clumpy paste like texture if you do.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to a month. It can also freeze for up to three months.