With 5 minutes and 5 simple whole food ingredients you could be sprinkling this Vegan Parmesan Cheese on everything. It is easy to make and will take any dish up a notch or two!
Vegan Parmesan Cheese made in 5 minutes with 5 ingredients? You can most definitely count me in! This vegan cheese is savory, cheesy and satisfying. All the things a cheese should be!
Growing up I was always a fan of grated parmesan cheese. On Spaghetti night my 5 brothers and sisters and I would fight over it. We would seriously mound it on like there was no tomorrow, just sprinkling away without a care in the world.
I mean let’s be honest vegan or not most people like cheese. I think it was the hardest thing for me to give up. Store bought vegan cheese is in general pretty expensive.
For the most part I like to go with homemade especially when it is this easy and tasty. Once you make it you’ll always want to have it on hand for all those Italian favorites!
- Cashews – Use raw unsalted cashews.
- Nutritional Yeast – This is easy to find at most stores now days and adds a cheesy flavor.
- Salt – I like to use a fine sea salt.
- Garlic Powder & Onion Powder – These spices add a great flavor to your vegan cheese. Don’t skip out on them
How To Make:
Add all of your ingredients to the food processor and process until fine parmesan cheese like texture.
Make sure not over process or you can quickly turn this into cashew butter.
Sprinkle on pasta, salad, pizza, garlic bread or whatever your heart desires.
Tips For Sucess:
- Don’t over process. You want a very fine parmesan cheese like texture. If you process this for too long it can start to turn into cashew butter. On the flip side, don’t under process as you do not want large chunks of cashews either. I find using the pulse function works best.
- Make sure to use raw unsalted cashews. Roasted salted cashews will not work well for this recipe. The raw variety works best.
- Taste and adjust. Taste and adjust to your preferences. If you are looking for a more umami and cheesy flavor add more nutritional yeast. If you like lot’s of garlic add a bit more garlic powder. Like it salty? Sprinkle a bit more in.
How To Store:
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month. There is no need to refrigerate this although you can if you prefer. Just make sure to use an airtight container either way.
This is freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
Recipes For Your Cheese:
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Add cashews, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and onion powder into food processor.
- Process until fine "parmesan cheese" like texture.
- Sprinkle on pasta, salad, pizza, garlic bread or whatever your heart desires.
- Make sure not to over-process your "cheese" it can easily start to turn into a clumpy paste like texture if you do.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to a month. It can also freeze for up to three months.