This easy to make 10-ingredient Tomato Basil Soup is ultra creamy and satisfying. A healthy and hearty soup that is not only vegan but gluten-free.
Creamy, satisfying, hearty and healthy Tomato Bail Soup? Count me way in! This soup is easy to make and comes together with just 10 ingredients in 30 minutes. It’s also a family friendly as well as budget friendly dish.
Tomato Soup happens to be my all time favorite. Pair it with a grilled cheese sandwich and I’m in heaven. I mean if that is not the most nostalgic meal out there I don’t know what is!
This soup requires just one pot and a blender. Let’s get cooking!
How To Make Vegan Tomato Basil Soup:
- Crushed Tomatoes – I generally look for a low sodium or no salt added option. You can use canned whole tomatoes as well and crush them with your hands.
- Vegetable Broth – Any brand will work I look for low sodium.
- Carrots – This adds flavor and thick creaminess to the soup.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – This potato works best as it is ultra creamy you can use any potato but it won’t yield a soup with as creamy results.
- Onion – I like yellow onion best however white will work as well.
- Garlic – Fresh is best, mince it up fine or use a garlic press.
- Olive Oil – Any neutral oil will work if you do not have Olive Oil on hand.
- Salt & Pepper – I use Sea Salt and fresh cracked Black Pepper.
- Basil – This is a key ingredient make sure to use fresh basil.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Although optional this adds a nice subtle heat to your soup. If you want to keep it classic forgo this option.
Other Recipes You May Like:
Vegan Tomato Basil Soup
- 2-15 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1-32 oz. container vegetable stock
- 2 large carrots diced
- ½ large yellow onion diced
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Large handful of fresh basil
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Dice onions and add them to the pot. Cook until translucent.
- Mince garlic and add to the pot. Make sure to stir both items as they sauté.
- Chop potatoes and carrots into small chunks and add them to the pot.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (optional) and stir well.
- Add cans of crushed tomatoes and all the vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add basil and pour mixture into blender to liquidize into a soup.
- Serve with a piece of crusty whole wheat bread or a vegan grilled cheese sandwich.
- I have had this soup both with and without the red pepper flakes. If you like a little heat this is a great way to spice things up!