Cozy Vegetable Potato Hash is a hearty satisfy breakfast that comes together in just 20 minutes, perfect for those weekend mornings. A delicious vegan potato recipe the entire family will love!
To me there is nothing like cozying up on a Saturday morning with a tasty Vegetable Potato Hash. It’s a filling, satisfying, family friendly and budget friendly meal.
I have always been a huge breakfast potato fan. When I was a kid my dad and I would make breakfast on the weekends and usually some sort of potato was on the menu. Generally, he would make crispy diced russet potatoes.
Those were always so tasty but my favorite now is Yukon Gold! They get crispy on the outside and stay creamy on the inside. Paired with veggies for an extra kick of nutrition and flavor this is one tasty dish.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – Really any potato will work but Yukon Gold are honestly the best potatoes in my opinion.
- Olive Oil – If you don’t have olive oil any other neutral tasting oil will work.
- Zucchini & Squash – Dice them up!
- Bell Pepper & Onion – I love red bell pepper and yellow onions for this.
- Cherry Tomatoes – If you don’t have cherry tomatoes you could dice up whatever you have on hand.
- Spinach – I use baby spinach but regular fresh will work as well.
- Garlic – Mince it up fine or use a garlic press.
- Spices – For the salt and pepper I generally use sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- For Serving – I like to serve my Vegetable Potato Hash with avocado slices, salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
Vegetable Potato Hash
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 zucchini diced
- ½ yellow squash diced
- ½ bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- sliced avocado
- Wash and dry potatoes and place in the microwave on baked potato mode. Microwave until tender like a baked potato.
- While potatoes are in the microwave prep vegetables. Dice zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion, slice cherry tomatoes in half and mince garlic.
- Once potatoes are done dice into medium sized cubes.
- Drizzle olive oil into large skillet over medium-high heat. Once olive is hot add in diced potatoes.
- Season potatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan add a light drizzle of olive oil sauté onion and garlic until fragrant and soft. Now add bell pepper, squash, zucchini and tomatoes cook over medium heat until veggies are tender. Add spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Once potatoes are golden brown and crispy add veggie mix to the pan and incorporate together.
- Serve topped with avocado, salsa and fresh lime.
- It is important to cook your veggies and potatoes separate. This will allow for tender veggies and crispy potatoes. The potatoes will get slightly less crisp once you add your vegetables.
- You could also eat this as tacos with corn tortillas or in a burrito with some tofu scramble.