Cozy Vegan Breakfast Hash is a hearty satisfy breakfast that comes together in just 20 minutes, perfect for those weekend mornings.
There is nothing like cozying up on a Saturday morning with a tasty Vegan Breakfast Hash. It’s a filling, satisfying, family and budget friendly meal.
This healthy recipe is easy to make with just one pan and 20 minutes! Such a tasty vegan potato recipe the entire family is sure to enjoy. Serve it up al a carte, taco style or even as a big breakfast burrito.
No matter how you serve it up, your in for a tasty and nutrient packed breakfast!
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – Really any potato will work but Yukon Gold are honestly the best potatoes in my opinion. They yield a very creamy consistency on the inside that is delicious.
- Olive Oil – If you don’t have olive oil any other neutral tasting oil will work.
- Zucchini & Squash – There are really just here to add extra veggies if you do not have any on hand. Any of your favorite veggies will work. I have used mushrooms and even diced up broccoli.
- Bell Pepper– I prefer red bell pepper however any color bell pepper will work.
- Onion – I generally use yellow onion though white onion or even shallots will work for this.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Any tomato you have on hand will work however, I think cherry or grape tomatoes add the best flavor to this dish.
- Spinach – I use baby spinach but regular fresh spinach will work as well.
- Garlic – Fresh works best for this recipe.
- Spices – For the salt and pepper I generally use sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- For Serving – I like to serve my Vegan Breakfast Hash with avocado slices, salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime.
How To Make:
Wash and dry potatoes and place them in the microwave on baked potato mode. Microwave until tender like a baked potato. While potatoes are in the microwave prep vegetables. Dice zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion, slice cherry tomatoes in half and mince garlic.
Dice potatoes into medium sized cubes. Drizzle olive oil into large skillet over medium-high heat. Once olive is hot add in diced potatoes. Season potatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
Cook on medium high heat flipping or turning your potatoes to ensure all sides get crispy. Once crispy on the outside and tender on the inside remove from the pan and set aside.
Add onion and garlic into the same pan and sauté until fragrant and soft.
Now add bell pepper, squash, zucchini, tomatoes and spinach and cook over medium heat until veggies are tender.
Add your potatoes back to the pan and mix to incorporate everything together.
Serve topped with avocado, salsa and fresh lime.
Tips For Success:
- Cook your veggies and potatoes separately. Your potatoes will not get nice and crispy if you cook everything together. It is important to allow the potatoes to cook separately.
- Make it your own. This dish is easily customizable. Whether you want to add additional seasonings to spice things up or add mushrooms and broccoli to make it your own. The options are truly endless.
- Toppings add that extra flavor. This is tasty on it’s own but salsa is a great and highly recommended addition. Avocado also adds an extra creaminess and delicious factor to the dish as well. Optional toppings of course just my personal favorite. Again feel free to make it your own.
Store leftover vegan hash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
- Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Healthy Vegan French Toast
- Easy Tofu Scramble
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and if you take a photo use #feeninforgreens on instagram. I love seeing photos of your recreations!
Vegan Breakfast Hash
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ zucchini diced
- ½ yellow squash diced
- ½ bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- sliced avocado
- Wash and dry potatoes and place in the microwave on baked potato mode. Microwave until tender like a baked potato.
- While potatoes are in the microwave prep vegetables. Dice zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion, slice cherry tomatoes in half and mince garlic.
- Dice potatoes into medium sized cubes. Drizzle olive oil into large skillet over medium-high heat. Once olive is hot add in diced potatoes.
- Season potatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium high heat flipping or turning your potatoes to ensure all sides get crispy. Once crispy and tender remove from the pan.
- Add onion and garlic into a pan and sauté until fragrant and soft. Now add bell pepper, squash, zucchini, tomatoes and spinach and cook over medium heat until veggies are tender.
- Add your potatoes back to the pan and mix to incorporate everything together.
- Serve topped with avocado, salsa and fresh lime.
- It is important to cook your veggies and potatoes separate. This will allow for tender veggies and crispy potatoes. The potatoes will get slightly less crisp once you add then back to the veggies.
- You could also eat this as tacos with corn tortillas or in a burrito with some tofu scramble.