A refreshing mix of mint and lime with a hint of sweetness, a Virgin Mojito will be your new favorite mocktail of choice. This homemade non-alcoholic drink is perfect for kiddos and adults alike!
A Virgin Mojito is the perfect poolside beverage. Bursting with mint and lime and slightly sweet. It will be your new favorite refreshing drink!
This classic is super easy to make with 4 ingredients and comes together in just 5 minutes. It’s a great way to get the kids involved and feel a bit fancy with the adults.
If you are looking for the perfect summery mocktail this one will not disappoint!
- Mint – Fresh mint is the only way to go for this one. You can find it at most grocery stores these days. I’ve even seen it at Walmart!
- Lime – Persian Limes are the most common in most grocery stores. I think these work best over something like a key lime. Fresh is definitely best.
- Agave – Any sweetener of choice will work. Traditionally Mojitos are made with a simple syrup. I like to use agave and think it has a nice flavor with the mint and lime. Maple Syrup would also work well.
- Club Soda – You could also use a sparkling water.
How To Make:
1. Roll your lime back and forth on the counter to break up the membranes to make it easier to juice. Slice it in half. Juice your lime directly into a Cocktail Shaker or a tall glass.
2. Add your mint leaves. With a Muddler or the back of a wooden spoon muddle your mint and lime together. You want to press on the leaves to express the mint flavor and infuse it with the lime juice.
3. Now add your agave and club soda. Stir or shake the mixture well.
4. Strain your Mojito over ice and garnish with a slice of lime and more mint.
Virgin Mojito Variations:
- Berry – I love, love, love to muddle berries into my mojito. It adds a great flavor and a little bit of nutrition as well! Things like blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries are great.
- Cucumber – Add an even more refreshing twist with fresh cucumber slices.
- Coconut Water – Add a splash of coconut water or replace the club soda for a less fizzy but equally delicious treat.
Other Beverages You May Like:
- 10 mint leaves
- 8 oz. club soda
- juice of one lime
- 2 tsp.-1 tbsp. agave syrup
- Roll your lime back and forth on the counter to break up the membranes to make it easier to juice. Slice it in half.
- Juice your lime directly into a Cocktail Shaker or a tall glass.
- Add your mint leaves.
- With a Muddler or the back of a wooden spoon muddle your mint and lime together. You want to press on the leaves to express the mint flavor and infuse it with the lime juice.
- Muddle until the mint leaves are broken up and fragrant but not so much that it becomes a paste.
- Now add your agave and club soda. Stir or shake the mixture well.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if needed. I tend to like a sweeter mojito and use the entire tablespoon to sweeten mine.
- Strain your Mojito over ice and garnish with a slice of lime and more mint.
- If you do not have a Cocktail Shaker you can use a mason jar with a lid to shake your Mojito. i did so and it worked well.
- A traditional Mojito is not very sweet. If you do not prefer a sweeter drink you should be fine with the 2 tsp. of Agave. If you like things a bit sweeter like me go for the 1 tbsp.