Vegan Rice Crispy Treats
Vegan Rice Crispy Treats made with peanut butter and chocolate are a decadent and fun twist on the classic. With 5 simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes this easy to make dessert could be yours!
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips melted
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Lightly grease or line a 8X8 pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl add the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla and stir together until well incorporated.
Next add the rice crispy cereal and stir until evenly coated in your peanut butter mixture.
Now press your mixture into the pan really well. You will want to use either a spatula or your hands to do so.
Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between intervals until melted.
Pour the melted chocolate on top of your cereal mixture and spread with a knife or offset spatula evenly.
Place into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. Once set remove from your pan and cut into 9 equal squares.
- I used Nature's Path Crispy Rice Cereal to ensure these are vegan. Kellogg's Rice Krispies use an animal derived vitamin and are not vegan.
- Make sure you press them well into the pan, this helps the treats to stay together.
Calories: 302kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 9gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 6mgPotassium: 220mgFiber: 3gSugar: 17gCalcium: 45mgIron: 2mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens