Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake
This Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake is super decedent, rich, gooey and moist. The perfect simple recipe when you need a chocolate fix!
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- small pinch of salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. vegan chocolate chips
Into your mug add your flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together until well incorporated.
Now add your almond milk, applesauce and vanilla and stir until combined.
Add half of your chocolate chips and mix them into your batter.
Sprinkle the other half on top of the batter.
Microwave for 60-80 seconds. It will depend on your microwave but you want the cake to look underdone. I microwaved mine for exactly 70 seconds. It should look a little raw on top and some of the chocolate will be melted but the edges should have a more cake like texture.
Leave it in the microwave to set for 5 minutes. This helps the cake to set up and continue to cook while staying fluffy and moist. Do not skip this step.
Top with whip cream or powdered sugar if desired.
- You can replace the sugar with coconut sugar if desired. I tested it with coconut sugar and it worked well.
- The applesauce can be replaced with oil or melted butter if needed.
- Make sure you do not overcook your cake. It will still look a bit raw and will set up once you let it set in the microwave.
Calories: 410kcalCarbohydrates: 88gProtein: 7gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 346mgPotassium: 165mgFiber: 6gSugar: 54gCalcium: 253mgIron: 4mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens