Vegan Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft, chewy and packed with peanut butter flavor these easy Vegan Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies are purely divine.
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats (ground into flour)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Take oats and blend in blender or food processor until flour like texture.
In a bowl cream peanut butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and incorporate.
In a separate bowl mix oat flour, baking soda and salt until well incorporated together.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix on low until incorporated together. Cookie dough will be crumbly.
Add applesauce and mix until dough forms.
Take 1 heaping tbsp. cookie dough and roll into a ball in the palm of your hands. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet. Continue this process until all the dough is used.
Lightly press down the cookie with the palm of your hand. You can also use the bottom of a glass for this process if you wish.
Take a fork and carefully make criss crossed marks onto your cookies.
Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies are lightly golden on the edges. Let the cookies completely cool before removing them from the pan.
- Allow the cookies to cool all the way before handling. They will easily break apart if handled before they have cooled.
- If you would like to reduce the sugar in this recipe you can go down to 2/3 cup. The cookies will still be tasty but will have a mild sweetness.
- If you use salted peanut butter do not add the salt from the recipe.
Calories: 161kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 123mgPotassium: 135mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gCalcium: 11mgIron: 1mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens