Best Vegan Banana Bread
This is the Best Vegan Banana Bread. It is fluffy, moist and has that perfect banana flavor. This will be your go to recipe and it just so happens to be not only vegan but oil-free!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. flax meal+5 tbsp. water)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a loaf pan (use a light metal color or aluminum pan).
Make flax eggs by mixing flax meal with water in a large bowl and set aside to allow it to thicken.
Once thickened add sugar, vanilla extract and applesauce and cream together.
Combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside for five minutes to make vegan buttermilk. Next, add baking soda to buttermilk mixture and stir.
Add buttermilk mixture into creamed mixture and stir until well incorporated together.
In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated together. Do not over mix.
Fold in mashed banana and walnuts. I generally use a spatula to ensure I do not over mix the batter.
Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown. The bread is done when you can stick a tooth pick in the center and it comes out clean.
Let your banana bread cool before slicing and storing.
- Quick breads should only ever be cooked in a metal (preferably light in color) loaf pan or aluminum pan. This helps the bread to cook evenly.
- Make sure you do not over mix this batter like with most it won't be quite as fluffy if you do.
- Large very ripe and spotty bananas will work best for this recipe.
Calories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 4gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 308mgPotassium: 154mgFiber: 2gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 15IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 2mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens