Vegan Tomato Basil Soup
This easy to make 10-ingredient Tomato Basil Soup is ultra creamy and satisfying. A healthy and hearty soup that is not only vegan but gluten-free.
- 2-15 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1-32 oz. container vegetable stock
- 2 large carrots diced
- ½ large yellow onion diced
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Large handful of fresh basil
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
Dice onions and add them to the pot. Cook until translucent.
Mince garlic and add to the pot. Make sure to stir both items as they sauté.
Chop potatoes and carrots into small chunks and add them to the pot.
Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (optional) and stir well.
Add cans of crushed tomatoes and all the vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes and carrots are tender.
Add basil and pour mixture into blender to liquidize into a soup.
Serve with a piece of crusty whole wheat bread or a vegan grilled cheese sandwich.
- I have had this soup both with and without the red pepper flakes. If you like a little heat this is a great way to spice things up!
Calories: 105kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 2gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 50mgPotassium: 351mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 3427IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens