Blueberry Chia Seed Jam
Blueberry Chia Seed Jam is an easy homemade jam that is not only delicious, naturally sweetened, gluten free and vegan but requires only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes to make!
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
In a small pan over medium heat add your blueberries, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes. While simmering mash your berries with a fork. I generally mash most of them up leaving a few intact. If you like a thinner jam mash them all up.
Remove from the heat add chia seeds, maple syrup and lemon juice and stir to incorporate together.
Let the mixture cool down and gel up. It will be thick enough to use within 5-10 minutes however it will get even thicker as it sets longer.
- A dash simply means a light sprinkle or a pinch. Nutmeg is a pretty strong flavor so you do not want to add too much of this ingredient.
- If the jam is not sweet enough for your preference you can add another tablespoon of maple syrup.
- I like to only mash half of the blueberries and keep some whole if you want a smoother jam simply mash all of the berries.
- This is perfect served on an english muffin, toast, on PB & J or even in a big bowl of oats!
Calories: 22kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 22mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 10IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens