Vegan Ricotta Cheese
With only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes you could be slathering this ultra creamy Vegan Ricotta Cheese on everything! It is easy to make, delicious and perfect for pizza, pasta or even a big salad.
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- ¾ cup water
- ½ large lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic minced (or ½ tsp. garlic powder)
- salt & pepper to taste
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
Process until smooth scrapping the sides down as needed.
The mixture should be thick, creamy and smooth. If you feel it is too thick add a little bit more water and process until your desired consistency.
- I use a Vitamix blender and find it is powerful enough to mix just about anything. If you are having issue blending your ricotta you may need to add a bit more water.
- If you do not have a high-speed blender or just have the time I recommend soaking your almonds in hot water for an hour prior to making this recipe. Simply drain off the water and follow the recipe as stated above.
Calories: 176kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 8gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 6mgPotassium: 261mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens