Vegan Chicken Salad
Vegan Chicken Salad is a quick meal that is not only tasty but easy to make. Perfect for lunch or a simple dinner. It requires just 10 ingredients and 10 minutes to make!
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill chopped
- ¼ cup green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Get your ingredients ready. Dice your celery, half your grapes, thinly slice your onions and chop your dill.
Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas and add them to a medium sized bowl.
With a fork or potato masher mash your chickpeas. You will want to mash them fairly well but can expect there to still be some texture to the mixture.
Now to the chickpeas add the rest of your ingredients: your mayo, mustard, dill, celery, grapes, almonds, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix until well incorporated.
Serve as a sandwich, with crackers or on a big salad.
- If you would like to make this oil free you can add smashed avocado instead of the vegan mayo.
- I have added craisins or dried cherries to this dish before and it is so tasty! I would add about a 1/4 cup chopped or so if you want to make this addition.
- This is also great wrapped in a tortilla or served on a bun. If you can find a vegan croissant now that would be magic for this dish!
- I state to rinse the chickpeas as I have heard that this helps with digestion when working with canned beans and legumes. I have a very sensitive stomach and do see a difference when I take the time to do this step.
Calories: 268kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 10gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 97mgPotassium: 404mgFiber: 8gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 376IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 3mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens