Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta
Creamy Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta comes together in just 20 minutes with 10-ingredients. This nourishing dish is not only easy to make but packed with flavor, it is sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1 large clove of garlic minced (or 2 small cloves)
- 1 cup basil packed
- 1 cup baby spinach packed
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (more to taste if needed)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
- ¼ cup plant milk unsweetened (I used almond milk)
Put a large pot of water on the stovetop on high and bring to a boil. Once your water is boiling add your noddles and boil until al dente.
While waiting for your water to boil and or noodles to cook make your pesto.
Mince your garlic and add to a food processor with your pine nuts, basil, spinach, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and sea salt. Pulse together.
Turn on your food processor and slowly drizzle in the olive oil while it is running. Process until smooth scrapping down the sides as needed.
Place your pesto into a large skillet. You will want to make sure you get every drop out of the food processor. Add your plant milk of choice and stir over low heat until warm.
As soon as your noodles are done. Drain out the water and add to the warm pesto sauce. Stir until all of the noodles are coated in your sauce.
- Any plant milk will work although I would stick with a neutral tasting unsweetened variety.
- If you do not have pine nuts walnuts are a great substitute. I have made this swap before myself and it is tasty.
- If you want to make this oil-free swap half an avocado for the oil. It will be creamy and just as rich and tasty.
Calories: 431kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 15gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 150mgPotassium: 474mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1020IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens