Vegan Tuna Salad
This easy Vegan Tuna Salad is perfect for sandwiches and comes together with less than 10 ingredients in 5 minutes. The perfect quick go to vegan lunch!
- 1-15 oz. can chickpeas drained
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1 ½ tbsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ cup diced pickles
- 3 tbsp. hulled sunflower seeds
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- sliced bread
- red onion
In medium sized bowl mash your chickpeas well. Make sure you drain the chickpeas before mashing them. You do not want watery chickpea salad!
Add mayo & mustard and stir.
Fold in pickles and sunflower seeds.
Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Stir until incorporates.
Top your bread slice with a heaping scoop of chickpea salad, top with tomatoes, red onion and lettuce. You can add avocado too for an extra special treat!
- I prefer pickles in mine as I am not really a relish girl. However, if you want to relish it up I would recommend about 2-3 tbsp. of relish in this recipe.
- If you want to keep this oil free you can replace the vegan mayo with smashed avocado.
Calories: 421kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 16gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 960mgPotassium: 449mgFiber: 12gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 65IUCalcium: 106mgIron: 4mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens