Vegan Pizza Dough
This Easy Vegan Pizza Dough is simple to make with only 6 ingredients. You'll be eating delicious homemade pizza every week with this restaurant style quality recipe!
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour (plus more for hands and surface)
- 1-1/4 oz. instant yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup warm water (110°F)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- sprinkle of cornmeal for dusting (optional)
Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt into standing mixer with dough hook and combine.
While mixer is running slowly add warm water and olive oil.
Knead for about 8-10 minutes until the dough bounces back when touched.
With your hands form the dough into a smooth round ball.
Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil and add dough.
Cover and place in a warm dry place to rise for about an hour.
You'll want to see the dough double in size.
Place dough onto lightly floured surface and cut into two equal parts.
To make pizza take dough and stretch out into desired shape and size.
Lightly grease a sheet pan or pizza stone and sprinkle with cornmeal.
Top dough with desired sauce and toppings.
Bake at 500°F oven for 10-15 minutes until dough is crispy and golden.
- If the dough does not double in size then your yeast could be "dead". Check the expiration date if this happens as your yeast could be expired.
- You can also kneed the dough by hand if you do not have a standing mixer. You will want to knead it for 10-12 minutes until the dough forms a ball and the dough springs back when you touch it.
Calories: 948kcalCarbohydrates: 171gProtein: 24gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 971mgPotassium: 268mgFiber: 7gSugar: 3gCalcium: 38mgIron: 10mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens