Roasted Tomato Basil Pasta
This simple and easy to make classic packs a punch of flavor with only 9 ingredients and is done in less than 30 minutes. Roasted Tomato Basil Pasta is the perfect easy vegan pasta dish!
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil (loosely packed)
- 2 cups spinach (loosely packed)
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ cup pasta water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2-4 tbsp. water
- vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper on a sheet pan. Spread tomatoes out and place into the preheated oven.
Roast for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and blistered.
While the tomatoes are roasting boil a large pot of water and cook pasta per the instructions on the package. Before draining your pasta reserve ½ cup pasta water and set aside.
Mince garlic and chiffonade (cut into thin ribbons) basil and set aside.
In a large sauté pan add spinach and garlic with 2 tbsp. water over medium heat until spinach wilts and garlic softens. Depending on your pan you may need to add more water to ensure the spinach and garlic don't stick.
To the pan add pasta, roasted tomatoes, basil, pasta water and fresh lemon juice and incorporate together.
Top with vegan parmesan and more fresh basil if desired.
- When cooking the spinach and garlic you can simply add the water gradually as needed. If you would rather use oil this would work as well. About 1 tbsp. of any neutral tasting oil will work.
- Chiffonade simply means to roll the basil leaves together and cut them into thin ribbon like strips.
Calories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 9gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 91mgPotassium: 516mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2302IUVitamin C: 40mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 2mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens