Melt In your Mouth Potatoes
These Melt In your Mouth Potatoes are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The perfect anytime side dish the entire family will love!
- 5-6 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp. vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- sea salt & ground black pepper
Preheat your oven to 450°F.
Slice your potatoes into thick slices, I generally get about 4-5 slices depending on the size of my potatoes.
Now add the melted butter and thyme to a medium sized bowl and stir to incorporate together.
Next add the potatoes to the bowl and coat them in the butter mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix again. Make sure they are coated on all sides with the butter mixture.
Arrange the potatoes on a sheet pan in a single layer and place into the oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on the side facing down.
While your potatoes are roasting mince your garlic and add it to your vegetable broth.
Once the potatoes are golden brown on one side take them out and flip them over. Put them back into the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
Take them back out of the oven and flip them one more time. Pour your vegetable broth and garlic mixture onto the potatoes.
Turn your oven down to 400°F and place them back into the oven for 15 more minutes. During this time the potatoes will soak up the broth and become melt in your mouth good.
- Make sure you lower the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees once you add the broth. If you don't do so you can expect a bit of smoke in your kitchen. I have done this on occasion. The potatoes will still turn out delicious but you may set your fire alarm off!
- Using Yukon Gold Potatoes is part of the magic for this recipe. I haven't tried this recipe with other potato varieties. Although I am sure they would still be tasty, I highly recommend sticking with the Yukon Gold.
Calories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 73mgPotassium: 607mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 42IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens